Gmail Sales Extension

Bob93

Creating contact from outgoing email

SOLVE

Hi,

For some reason, HubSpot Sales extension stopped creating new contacts and companies when I'm sending outgoing emails to new email addresses. It used to do this if the new email address was either in "To" or "CC" sections. It also used to log the communication thread if there was such (including attachments).
I've tried reinstalling HubSpot Sales extension - didn't help.

There are no new contacts created since Nov. 19th.

P.S. emails are still being logged to contacts that are already created.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
TiphaineCuisset
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @EventMindDean @Bob93 @kanpuong @btomassini 

Thank you for your patience. This should be fixed, you just need to reload your Gmail. 

Thank you!

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
12 Replies 12
EventMindDean

SOLVE

I am having the same issue which is making tracking sales activity a nightmare!

Will we get a notification here when its fixed? im new to the community/forum.

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
kanpuong

SOLVE

Same issue here as well. The Chrome extension used to be able to create new contact when I checked the Log checkbox on an email with new email address which is really handy. This feature is no longer working since a couple of days as the checkbox is grayed out whenever a new emaill address is present as recipient. I double-checked with the outlook version of hubspot add-in. It works fine there. Any explanation or solution ?

Many thanks

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @kanpuong @Bob93 @btomassini 

Thank you for your replies and details. I can reproduce and have seen other users have been encountering this issue. The team is aware of this issue, and I will let you know once I have an update from them regarding this. 

Thank you for your patience, 

Tiphaine

Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @EventMindDean @Bob93 @kanpuong @btomassini 

Thank you for your patience. This should be fixed, you just need to reload your Gmail. 

Thank you!

Tiphaine

0 Upvotes
btomassini
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Tiphaine, everything works fine now. Thanks for your help. Have a great weekend.

Bob93

SOLVE

Hello @TiphaineCuisset,
It seems everything's working fine now! Thank you and your team for a timely fix!

Have a nice weekend!

btomassini
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Tiphaine,

Thank you for your reply.

Everything looks the same as before. The only thing that I did yesterday was to sign out and sign back in, as I was given additional permissions.

I just receive an email from a contact that is not in my contact list, but the same extension as a company that I'd contacted. The contact wasn't added and the email wasn't logged by HubSpot, and even after I manually added the contact the email still doesn't appear in the email activity.

Here are 2 screenshots of what happens when I try to send an email to a new contact:

Screenshot 2020-11-26 124651_LI.jpg

Screenshot 2020-11-26 124915.png

Thank you,

Borislav

btomassini
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Tiphaine, looks like when sending an email to a new contact this ***@bcc.hubspot.com doesn't get generated in the bcc field like before. If I manually add it everything works like before. A few times after sendin a message I got a pop up message telling me that I'm sending messages that have the log mail box unchecked and if I want to check it, although in my Gmail settings this box is checked and has naver been unchecked.

0 Upvotes
btomassini
Participant

SOLVE

I'm having the same issue today. It was working yesterday. Please fix as it is impacting work flow.

I've also reinstalled the Chrome extension but it didn't help.

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Bob93 @btomassini 

Thank you for reaching out. 

Do you see anything different on the Gmail extension, do you have some error message or everything is like before but new contacts are not being created? The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide the better we can assist!

Thank you!

Tiphaine

Bob93

SOLVE

In addition, I believe this functionality stopped working. Previously, the HubSpot Sales extension used to add this BCC automatically and new contacts appeared. Now, it's not being added automatically. Moreover when I manually copy and paste it - still nothing is being logged

Bob93_0-1606388096862.png

0 Upvotes
Bob93

SOLVE

Hi Tiphanie,

Thanks for your reply.
Nope, everything looks the same, nothing changed at all, no error messages. It's just one day we've noticed that no contacts have been added for a while.

0 Upvotes