Gmail Sales Extension

bvandrie

Create task on send of email - not working

SOLVE

I am using the Gmail sales extension on Chrome and Edge 86. 

The email logging portion works great.

However the add a follow up task feature, though, never seems to work.

bvandrie_0-1605718382193.png

I am using HubSpot Free edition.

The extension settings in Hubspot settings seem to be correct and active.

bvandrie_1-1605718719963.png

I contacted support via chat and was told:

I have reached out to my team internally regarding the issue with your task creations and turns out a few users are having this issue. My best recommendation here is to post this on the HubSpot Community so our technical support team can take a closer look:

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
TiphaineCuisset
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @bvandrie 

The Gmail extension is actually a Chrome extension so would work correctly only with Chrome browser. That said, if you still having the issue with Chrome, would you mind following the steps of this article: 

Troubleshoot the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension

especially updating your Chrome browser and uninstalling/reinstalling the Chrome extension.

Could you also confirm the Task is not created in the Task Manager? The tool should create the task in the Task manager, however it will not associate the task with the contact, you will need to do it manually, right now this is expected behavior. 

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
bvandrie

SOLVE

I didn't realize that it created a task that is not associated with the contact. 

Turns out that it does work as you describe above. For me, the create task on send of email feature is not at all valuable until such time that is associates to a particular contact. 

That being said, I totally undertand that adding that functionality could be really challenging.

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @bvandrie 

I understand your end goal as well, I'd recommend posting this idea in our Ideas Forum that our Product Team monitors regularly!

Have a good day!

Tiphaine

Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

0 Upvotes
Jordam_7

SOLVE

Looks like this is quite an old thread, but I'm still seeing that the task does not associate with a contact. Is there any update here that it should be doing that by now (and maybe I need to check settings)? 

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Jordam_7 

Thank you for reaching out!

You're right, this is an old thread, so I double checked, and now the task should be created in your portal in the associated contact if you have chosen to log the email as well. If you created the follow up task but didn't log the email, then the task will only appear in the task manager but not on the contact record. 

If this is not what you see, I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter, where you are able to share screenshots and specific examples about this. 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @bvandrie 

The Gmail extension is actually a Chrome extension so would work correctly only with Chrome browser. That said, if you still having the issue with Chrome, would you mind following the steps of this article: 

Troubleshoot the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension

especially updating your Chrome browser and uninstalling/reinstalling the Chrome extension.

Could you also confirm the Task is not created in the Task Manager? The tool should create the task in the Task manager, however it will not associate the task with the contact, you will need to do it manually, right now this is expected behavior. 

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

bms13

SOLVE

How can this be? This is a 101 feature - what is the point of a followup button if it creates a blank task without the email contact and information about the email? HubSpot has all of the data to create a meaningful task - this is a BUG please fix. 

0 Upvotes