Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

Create Deals, Tasks, etc from Gmail

SOLVE
Occasional Contributor

I want to be able to create a new deal or task in hubspot from gmail. Insightly allows us to do this and it makes it easy for our team to update the CRM right from the email they are currently working on, automatically associating the contact with the Project (Deal).

Screen Shot 2017-02-21 at 11.20.53 AM.png

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @Seth, thanks for reaching out. At this time, it is not possible to create Deals, Tasks, and other objects or engagements from your Gmail client.

I actually did find an idea on our ideas forum corresponding to this query, however. I would definitely encourage you to upvote/comment on the idea, as it is a great way for customers to give some concrete feedback to the product team in order to improve the software.

Let me know if you have any more questions on this,

May

10 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @Seth, thanks for reaching out. At this time, it is not possible to create Deals, Tasks, and other objects or engagements from your Gmail client.

I actually did find an idea on our ideas forum corresponding to this query, however. I would definitely encourage you to upvote/comment on the idea, as it is a great way for customers to give some concrete feedback to the product team in order to improve the software.

Let me know if you have any more questions on this,

May

New Contributor

May, this is such a bummer. Please tell us the roadmap for this to happen? More and more tools and your competitors are using in-gmail tasks, reminders, deal creation, etc. I'd love to for this to be an option which could pivot our entire team.

I bought the salesPro assuming this was to basic to even ask.

New Contributor

This would be a great feature. Sometimes I respond to an email from Gmail, and then have to go into HubSpot to create a reminder for follow-up.

Visitor

The ability to Create Task has been added to the Gmail integration since this was posted... now we just need the ability to "Create Deal" or "Add Deal" along with "Add Ticket" or "Create Ticket" to make the integration complete.

This would be a huge WIN for all Gmail integration users!

By installing the Gmail extension it looks like you can create a "Task", but not a Deal.

By creating a Task, this is good as you can go back later and create a Deal

I agree with everyone that you should be able to create a Deal right from within Gmail.

Can I ask Hubspot why they aren't doing this?

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @PhillyTech,

While I am not on the product team, my understanding of the functionality is that you can create a task directly associated with the contact; the creation of a new record (whether it be company, ticket, or deal) is not possible from the Gmail sidebar. 

If this is something you would like to see implemented in the future, I would recommend creating an idea on our ideas forum.

Thanks,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes

Hi Jenny - We are new to Hubspot and I am very surprised that it seems that there is no solution to create a tasks from your Gmail account that actually is linked to the email with it's content.

We all believe that is such a basic feature for a crm these days that we did not even bother to ask about this.

Can you give us any hint on when this feature will be added to the gmail extension of if you know of any other add-on that we can use? Otherwise hubspot will not work for us...Thanks for your help!

BR

Johann 

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @Johann,

I do not have insight into the product roadmap, and the best place to continue the conversation around requesting this functionality will be the ideas forum.  That is the space the product team will be able to monitor for ideas and engage with your feedback. Smiley Happy 

Thank you,

Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

This a fairly glaring omission.

The Hubspot email client is nowhere near suitable to use in real-world situations so all of our staff use the Gmail client and Hubspot plug-in. Having to switch back to Hubspot after you send an email, find the contact, then set the task is a lot of unnecessary work. It would be great to have same, "follow up in 3 days" option in the Gmail client.

0 Upvotes