Gmail Sales Extension

Seth
Participant

Create Deals, Tasks, etc from Gmail

SOLVE

I want to be able to create a new deal or task in hubspot from gmail. Insightly allows us to do this and it makes it easy for our team to update the CRM right from the email they are currently working on, automatically associating the contact with the Project (Deal).

Screen Shot 2017-02-21 at 11.20.53 AM.png

1 Accepted solution
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @Seth, thanks for reaching out. At this time, it is not possible to create Deals, Tasks, and other objects or engagements from your Gmail client.

I actually did find an idea on our ideas forum corresponding to this query, however. I would definitely encourage you to upvote/comment on the idea, as it is a great way for customers to give some concrete feedback to the product team in order to improve the software.

Let me know if you have any more questions on this,

May

View solution in original post

19 Replies 19
Flora
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hi everyone,

I'd like to thank you all for taking the time to submit, vote and comment on this idea. My name is Flora, and I’m the Product Manager for HubSpot’s Chrome Extension.

We recently launched a beta of tasks in the Gmail inbox- please send me an email at flora@hubspot and I'm happy to add you to this beta. In addition, we are looking for feedback on bringing more deal functionality into the inbox. 

We’ll be sure to update you here and on our Product Updates blog  as soon as this feature is out to all users.

Flora

jetguy
Participant

SOLVE

Hi, this is a great feature. Any chance Deals is on

the road map? 

sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @jetguy 

We do not have insight into the product roadmap, and the best place to continue sharing this feedback around this functionality will be on this idea in our Ideas forum. I'd encourage you to upvote and comment on the idea. 

Thank you 

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
Suzie-Mamava
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Flora - Will one of the updates be that you can edit the Contact Name in the extension? It's wonderful that you can update so many things from the GMail extension...but frustrating that you have to Open in CRM to edit the name. 

For Context - I send primarily through GMail, so contacts are auto created. I have to go back and edit the name for any tokens to work correctly on future templates and sequences.

0 Upvotes
stmoha
Participant

SOLVE

Flora,

It looks like the create task is live in the chrome gmail extension & works well / how I wold anticipate - how about being able to add a DEAL from gmail? do you have a beta for that which I could join? It's really a huge hurdle right now to using the software effectivly.

lyno1234567
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Flora, please tell me this will include Outlook on the Web, not just Gmail?  🙂 

So essential.  I'm thinking of signing up to HubSpot but the lack of this feature creates a lot of back-and-forth as the info on setting up deals is actually in the email! 

0 Upvotes
eTranslate
Participant

SOLVE

This feature is highly needed by thousands.

At HubSpots pricetag this should definately be an expected feature.

Every other CRM Gmail/Outlook 365 extension I worked with, had the opportunity to create deals from inside the extension and associate it with the contact and company in the mail.

It could be smoothly integrated like this (beside the 'Open in CRM' button):

example-46.jpg

JordanM
Participant

SOLVE

This a fairly glaring omission.

The Hubspot email client is nowhere near suitable to use in real-world situations so all of our staff use the Gmail client and Hubspot plug-in. Having to switch back to Hubspot after you send an email, find the contact, then set the task is a lot of unnecessary work. It would be great to have same, "follow up in 3 days" option in the Gmail client.

0 Upvotes
PhillyTech

SOLVE

By installing the Gmail extension it looks like you can create a "Task", but not a Deal.

By creating a Task, this is good as you can go back later and create a Deal

I agree with everyone that you should be able to create a Deal right from within Gmail.

Can I ask Hubspot why they aren't doing this?

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @PhillyTech,

While I am not on the product team, my understanding of the functionality is that you can create a task directly associated with the contact; the creation of a new record (whether it be company, ticket, or deal) is not possible from the Gmail sidebar. 

If this is something you would like to see implemented in the future, I would recommend creating an idea on our ideas forum.

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Johann

SOLVE

Hi Jenny - We are new to Hubspot and I am very surprised that it seems that there is no solution to create a tasks from your Gmail account that actually is linked to the email with it's content.

We all believe that is such a basic feature for a crm these days that we did not even bother to ask about this.

Can you give us any hint on when this feature will be added to the gmail extension of if you know of any other add-on that we can use? Otherwise hubspot will not work for us...Thanks for your help!

BR

Johann 

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Johann,

I do not have insight into the product roadmap, and the best place to continue the conversation around requesting this functionality will be the ideas forum.  That is the space the product team will be able to monitor for ideas and engage with your feedback. 🙂 

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @Seth, thanks for reaching out. At this time, it is not possible to create Deals, Tasks, and other objects or engagements from your Gmail client.

I actually did find an idea on our ideas forum corresponding to this query, however. I would definitely encourage you to upvote/comment on the idea, as it is a great way for customers to give some concrete feedback to the product team in order to improve the software.

Let me know if you have any more questions on this,

May

BLarson
Participant

SOLVE

I agree, this seems pretty basic. I'm probably going to stop using Hubspot because of this one factor. It seems like it had everything else I wanted!

bkrpec
Participant

SOLVE

The ability to Create Task has been added to the Gmail integration since this was posted... now we just need the ability to "Create Deal" or "Add Deal" along with "Add Ticket" or "Create Ticket" to make the integration complete.

This would be a huge WIN for all Gmail integration users!

jennym

SOLVE

This is exactly what I would like to do-  are you happy t share how you did this  please?

0 Upvotes
GregHansen123

SOLVE

This would be a great feature. Sometimes I respond to an email from Gmail, and then have to go into HubSpot to create a reminder for follow-up.

jelazcano
Participant

SOLVE

I bought the salesPro assuming this was to basic to even ask.

jschauf
Participant

SOLVE

May, this is such a bummer. Please tell us the roadmap for this to happen? More and more tools and your competitors are using in-gmail tasks, reminders, deal creation, etc. I'd love to for this to be an option which could pivot our entire team.