Gmail Sales Extension

Karo

Contact not created automatically when sending emails through BCC field

SOLVE

Hey,

When I send mass emails in g-suite using the BCC field, contacts are not created automatically using the emails I sent to. Is there anything in the setting I have to change, or do I have to use the regular email field?

Thanks for the help

/Karo

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Karo

I'm pretty sure the BCC address will only work with names in the To field, not ones in the BCC field. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Karo

I'm pretty sure the BCC address will only work with names in the To field, not ones in the BCC field. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Upvotes
Howard_Previent

SOLVE

CC and BCC are not working. I sent an email and new contact records did not get created.

When can this be fixed?

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @Howard_Previent,

Can you please provide some additional information? Are you using the gmail extension? Is this happening for all emails? Do you see the bcc address included in the sent emails?

The more information, screenshots and details you can provide, the better the Community can assist.

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
rp1

SOLVE

Hi there!

You say that the email must appear in the "To:" line to be created as a new contact.  I am finding that for the contact to be created , the email must be in the "CC:" line.

see here from documentation:

"Please note: HubSpot will create a new contact record in your account for anyone CCed on your tracked emailIf you BCC a recipient that is not a contact in your HubSpot portal, logging using the BCC address would not cause that recipient to be created as a contact in the portal."

Is there some reason why Hubspot won't create contacts that are on the To: line when BCC'ed on an email?  I can't tell if I'm doing something wrong or if there is some good reason why.  When I'm reaching out to a new contact for the first time, I don't want to CC them, I want them in the To: line...

Anyhow, any light you can shed on this would be helpful.

0 Upvotes
gtedfw

SOLVE

As an improvement to the HubSpot program, I think a bcc  in an email should create a contact if none existing and post a copy of the email to each person in the bcc.

Even if copied in a bcc, I want to know if someone had been informed by the email or not.