Consistent issues connecting Gmail account and other issues

New Contributor

I currently have a free Hubspot account in which I am experiencing a number of issues.

1. I am experiencing problems connecting my gmail account to HS. This is a recent issue. Even after resyncing, there is no guarantee that the account will connect.

2. When the account does eventually connect (by fluke rather than by any logical reason), I am unable to send scheduled emails. I can use templates, I can set a time for the emails to go out, however, HS does not send the emails. This means I have to manually send each email negates the point of creating a scheduled email in the first place.

3. Relating to the second point, when HS does not send the emails, it sends a message telling me of this fact. If 50 scheduled emails do not get sent, I get 50 notifications of this fact from HS. This then eats into my allocation of notifications, which means I am no longer able to view responses to the emails I have sent. This seems unfair. If I were able to send the scheduled emails and then had a massive response that took me over my monthly allocation, fair enough. This is not the case.

Your help in resolving this ongoing issue for a newly formed business will be greatly appreciated.

Joseph

7 Replies 7
Visitor

I was having the same problem. I tried everything on the troubleshooter. Out of desperation, I clicked the Orange Hubspot extension icon in the top right of chrome. I hit "Manage extensions", then I turned the extension off for 10 seconds, then turned it back on,,,,& now it works....go figure.....

Try that

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

I'm having the same issue!

The chrome extension has suddenly stopped working in the past week. I can log into the extension, but the orange logo on Gmail itself asks me to login again (even though the extension in top right corner is logged in). 

Additionally, I can't use any of the chrome features since it doesn't have the orange filter over the composed email with the templates etc. 

I've tried fixing this and nothing.. 

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Having the same issues daily now.  No Hubspot column in Gmail.  Click on the Hubspot logo and it asks me to log in.  It fixes nothing.  Just keeps asking me to log in again.

The only fix is to right-click the Hubspot extension icon, click Manage Extensions, turn off Hubspot, then turn it back on.

This is happening on every computer every day, and is not always noticed until emails are sent unlogged.  Plus trying to explain to people how to fix this each day doesn't always work (not everyone is computer savvy).  This is a real problem right now and needs to be fixed.

Occasional Contributor

It's been 2-3 weeks for me now. 

I've tried everything, from restarting the extension to uninstalling and installing - and nothing!

How has this issue not been fixed yet by Hubspot?! This is leading me to just switch CRM's now. 

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

I was experiencing the same issue and narrowed it down to another privacy ad blocker chrome extension Ghostery was the reason for blocking the login. Once I removed the blocker the hubspot extension was functioning again. Oddly enough it was a Hubspot rep that recommended using Ghostery as a way of blocking my IP address from being tracked on Hubspot marketing. 

Hope this helps others...

New Contributor

I am also facing the same issue with my Gmail account whenever I am trying to connect my Gmail Account to HS then an error message is generating that is “Check your connection” anyone can tell me what is the issue this is. If anyone having an issue to Recover Gmail Password then he or she can check his or her mail for “reset your password” link, clicked on that link and reset the password.

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hey @13921392,

If you are still experiencing this issue can you please share a screenshot of what you are seeing and where you are getting stuck? 

The more information, screenshots and details you can provide, the better the Community can assist.

Thanks,
Jenny

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!
0 Upvotes