Connecting Multiple Email Accounts

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Okay, this is a bit of a tricky one so stay with me!

My colleague has three different emails that she oversees, which are the following:

• annetta@blackboxav.co.uk
  • sales@blackboxav.co.uk
  • info@blackboxav.co.uk

I have used the Annetta email to set up her account, and then added the sales & info emails on in her additional email settings (see screenshot).

annetta.png

Now, whenever a client or optential customer emails the sales or info emails, they immediately get forwarded to the annetta email, but they are not being logged into Hubspot. We have to manually forward them in with our forwarding email. I know from looking in our GSuite account that the sales and info emails aren't linked to a Gmail inbox, they are just there for forwarding purposes. So, surely all of the sales and info incoming emails should get forwarded ino the system if all three emails are logged in the CRM? We want to make absolutely sure that everyone's emails are getting logged and we're gettng rather frustrated.

Please advise!

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Highlighted
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @blackboxavholly, thanks for reaching out!

This is actually expected behavior: though outgoing emails from "connected accounts" will be logged into the CRM, only email replies that are made to an inbox that has been connected to the CRM will be logged.

This is due to the fact that HubSpot is only able to log your email replies by getting permission to go inside your "All" folder in your inbox and retrieve emails. Without a connect inbox, we do not have the ability to see or access these replies. 

In the situation that you are describing, therefore, it is expected that we wouldn't be able to log your emails from sales@blackboxav.co.uk or info@blackboxav.co.uk, as both were added as connected accounts to annetta@blackboxav.co.uk, but their inboxes were not connected. 

You can read more about what HubSpot Sales features are supported by your email client in this article: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/account/what-features-are-supported-by-my-email-c...

If you want email replies to be logged for all three email addresses, you would need to create different users for each email address, and individually connect each inbox. Then, you would need to send emails while logged in as each user.

Let me know if this makes sense, and whether you have any more questions for me.

All my best,

May

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

May,

Thanks for your reply, I thought that might be the case! Is there a way to switch between accounts easily within the CRM system, or would it just be a case of logging in and out to see the activity?

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
HubSpot Alumni

@blackboxavholly I'm glad that that makes sense! It is not actually possible to quickly switch between user logins in the CRM (due to the fact that there is a need to not only switch CRM logins, but also Chrome extension logins as well). In these situations, I usually suggest creating separate Chrome profiles for each of your user accounts, logging into each HubSpot user in each Chrome profile, and then switching between Chrome profiles to send emails under different users accounts.

You can read more about this approach in this community post!

May

0 Upvotes