Gmail Sales Extension

dixons
Participante

Company Name does not show up in Gmail Sales Extension

resolver

Hi, I am testing Hubspot for our organisation and would appreciate some assistance.

The Company Name does not show up in the Gmail Sales Extension, only Company Domian Name.  As many of our contacts do not have a website how do I adjust the settings so that the Company Name appears in the Extension under 'About' or 'Company'? 

0 Avaliação positiva
2 Solução aceitas
mbrown
Solução
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro Platinum

resolver

Hi, 

The sales extension will show you the first five properties of the contact record. To display company name you will need to edit the default properties in the sidebar. 

Here is a walkthrough on how to do this. 

footer

Exibir solução no post original

danmoyle
Solução
Participante de valor | Parceiro Elite

resolver

Hi @dixons. In addition to the help @mbrown offered, I'd like to throw in a little tidbit from the trainings and onboardings I do. The HubSpot object of Company is based on that company domain name (website), much like the Contact object is based on a person's email. A lot of HubSpot magic comes from those two facts, including auto-creating and auto-associating of Companies to Contacts. 

I've worked with many clients who are in the same boat as you, where their customers may not all have business websites. I still try to encourage them to use the Company object as much as possible, however if they can't because of this, then using the Company Name property in the Contact record may prove useful as well. 

Just a thought to share. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

Exibir solução no post original

4 Respostas 4
danmoyle
Solução

resolver

Hi @dixons. In addition to the help @mbrown offered, I'd like to throw in a little tidbit from the trainings and onboardings I do. The HubSpot object of Company is based on that company domain name (website), much like the Contact object is based on a person's email. A lot of HubSpot magic comes from those two facts, including auto-creating and auto-associating of Companies to Contacts. 

I've worked with many clients who are in the same boat as you, where their customers may not all have business websites. I still try to encourage them to use the Company object as much as possible, however if they can't because of this, then using the Company Name property in the Contact record may prove useful as well. 

Just a thought to share. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
dixons
Participante

resolver

Helpful advice, thank you

0 Avaliação positiva
mbrown
Solução

resolver

Hi, 

The sales extension will show you the first five properties of the contact record. To display company name you will need to edit the default properties in the sidebar. 

Here is a walkthrough on how to do this. 

footer
dixons
Participante

resolver

Thank you for your help! 🙂

0 Avaliação positiva