Chrome Extension not working

SOLVE
HarrisonC89

Good afternoon,

My chrome extension and Gmail extension for HubSpot doesn't seem to want to work today. I have already gone through all the steps of trying to uninstall and reinstall as HubSpot recommends and still no luck. 

I am getting a grayed out icon on chrome with a blue explanation mark on it and in Gmail, I am not able to send a tracked mail through HubSpot or add contacts with new inbound emails. Attached is a copy of a screen shot of what I am seeing. 

screenshot-mail.google.com-2017-01-05-16-11-57.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
nicolebrenner
Solution
HubSpot Employee

Hey @HarrisonC89 thanks for reaching out to the Community. This is definitely some funky behavior. In order to dig in more, would it be possible for you to get the Console Logs?

To do this, you can enable the developer mode by clicking the Chrome menu icon  and select Extensions from the Tools menu. Here you can Ensure that the "Developer mode" checkbox in the top right-hand corner is checked.

Then, you can right click on the page, select "Inspect Element", and reload the page. Finally, if you could click on the "Console" tab, and send the errors to me via private message as a HAR file, I can pass it along to my team for further investigation. 

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
46 Replies 46
nicolebrenner
Solution
HubSpot Employee

Hey @HarrisonC89 thanks for reaching out to the Community. This is definitely some funky behavior. In order to dig in more, would it be possible for you to get the Console Logs?

To do this, you can enable the developer mode by clicking the Chrome menu icon  and select Extensions from the Tools menu. Here you can Ensure that the "Developer mode" checkbox in the top right-hand corner is checked.

Then, you can right click on the page, select "Inspect Element", and reload the page. Finally, if you could click on the "Console" tab, and send the errors to me via private message as a HAR file, I can pass it along to my team for further investigation. 

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
makarenko

Hello!
I have the same problem but in my case the extension logo is orange but emails are not logged.

Here is the screenshot:
https://gyazo.com/994c9b2b8a52498ddc21cb1d1e7f8414

Actually at my start working after some time, but I can't figure on what it depends.

0 Upvotes
nicolebrenner
HubSpot Employee

hey @makarenko is your issue with the extension, or with logging in CRM? It looks like your extension is working fine, if you're having trouble with logging emails in the CRM, I would either look for an existing post about that topic or to create a new one. And if you could also include some screenshots of sent messages that should have been logged, that would be really useful! 

0 Upvotes
makarenko

My issue is with logging in CRM. Emails are logged in only when Hubspot logo is present inside Gmail interface. In my case it is not.

makarenko

I have sent email that should be tracked:
https://gyazo.com/8cc5b6332f8d5771ea5fec465bc3410e

When I composed email there were no any HubSpot Sales interface features present in Gmail:
https://gyazo.com/c7f45645cfcaa2fe5a548c7a81e0276f
You can see that the send button is blue not orange as it should be.

And my email is not present in CRM:
https://gyazo.com/e330e04616f906ddbdab8ea93620a573

It seems that problem only appears in my job's network from home network it worked correctly yesterday.

0 Upvotes
osinpl

Hi,

my gmail extension is not working properly, because after I changed connected email, even several actions like uninstalling chrome extension or reconnection of new account it's still shows me old email address as a connected account, I don't know how to fix it - cant using templates and documents 😞 any idea?

br, Krzysztof 

hserr.jpg

0 Upvotes
nicolebrenner
HubSpot Employee

hi @osinpl - where did you make a change to the connected account? did you create a new user with the new email address, or did you add it as a connected inbox? I would recommend checking those settings first

0 Upvotes
leohonorlock

I am having the same issue. My chrome extension is grey with the blue exclamation mark, I have tried disabling and removing but it is not working for me. 

0 Upvotes
FrancisS
Participant

Same problem ... grey extension with an exclamation point !!!

0 Upvotes
pat
Participant

Same problem - grey with blue exclamation mark. It's not the cookies...

0 Upvotes
nicolebrenner
HubSpot Employee

@makarenko, when you are switching networks, are you also switching computers? If you click on the orange hubspot sales extension in chrome, does it prompt you to sign in? 

I would also recommend making sure that when you go to Settings>Gmail and Outlook that your email address is showing as connected. 

Are you always using the same email address, or would you like to log from multiple?

0 Upvotes
makarenko

@nicolebrenner no it doesn't prompt me to sign in. It works as normal: https://gyazo.com/c72c0181b2473f6417fcd17564dbf335
Computer is the same I only switch networks. Email is connected in the settings.

I have two email addresses in gmail but I want only one to be tracked and I have connected it to hubspot.

0 Upvotes
nicolebrenner
HubSpot Employee

Hey @makarenko, could you open that message that should have been tracked and send me a private message with the original headers? 

1. Log in to Gmail
  2. Open the message you'd like to view headers for.
  3. Click the down arrow next to Reply, at the top of the message pane.
  4. Select Show Original.

The full headers will appear in a new window.

You can simply copy and paste the information in that window into your message to me. Then I can check to see if the trackign code was inserted into the message to try and identify exactly what's going on here! 

0 Upvotes
makarenko

@nicolebrenner I have sent you original message

0 Upvotes
Frankievbe

Hi, I'm having the same problem, of the same grey icon. 

What can I do to fix it?

Thank you

0 Upvotes
MateusPestana

Hello 

I am having the same problem, I have alredy tried to reinstall and reload the extension but nothing is working.

Could you please help me, regards,

0 Upvotes
SReeves
I'm having the same issue. My Chrome Plugin icon is greyed out with a blue exclamation mark.

I'm trying to sync to Gmail to see how many times I've emailed individual contacts (etc).

None of the items I've read in this form provide a solution. Has HubSpot identified the issue and a resolution?

Thank you
0 Upvotes
JoSeawright

I am having a siilar problem. I see the hubspot extensions when I compose an email but everything is greyed out, but when I hover in the middle of the bar between the templates the the track email check box I have discovered there is an invisible button (the cursor changes to allow me to click) when I click on the invisible button it asks me to choose an account. When I click on it to choose an account it tells me I don;t have one and to log in to Hubspot.

When I use that link to log into Hubspot it kee staking me to the log in screen. When I log in it takes me to my account  and while it is loading, I get to see the account details and menu in the top black bar and yes I even see my avatar and account number, it then takes me directly back to the log in screen.... and round and round we go.

There is something in that chrome extension that is stopping me from logging in and it has only happened in the last few days.

DanielGuimond

I have the same issue.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @DanielGuimond

Can you confirm that you have 3rd party cookies enabled in Chrome? (settings>advanced>content settings>cookies>block third party cookies should be turned off so that third party cookies are allowed). 

If your settings are configured this way and you are still having this issue, please let me know and we can advise on next steps. 

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
DanielGuimond

I do. The problem has been solved without my intervention a few days after my post. Thank you.

0 Upvotes
keillamont

Similar issue.  I have access to my activity log but I can no longer send tracked emails.  When I draft an email none of the normal checkboxes that are usually there appear and the send button is the standard blue "Send" button instead of the orange "Send Tracked Email" button.  Also the icon that appears in my Gmail inbox page (see attached screenshot) has been grayed out and when I click on it I'm prompted to login into my Hubspot account which then starts this endless cycle of me logging, going to my dashboard, then almost instantly getting logged out and prompted to login again.  Definetely looking forward to a solution.  I appreciate the help!5832963995729920.png

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @keillamont

Can you please confirm that you have third party cookies enabled in chrome? If you do and the issue persists, please follow the steps outlined in this thread.

0 Upvotes
keillamont

Thanks for the response.  I do have 3rd Party Cookies enabled.  I did try the solution in the thread you sent however it did not solve the problem.  I can access my dashboard and activity log just fine but I still cannot send track emails.  The icon on my gmail page is still gray and still prompts me to sign in whenever I click it,  and when I'm drafting an email I still do not have the option to send a tracked email.  When I click the gray icon and sign in my gmail refreshes, however nothing changes.   

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @keillamont

Thank you for the update! 

Can you please try clearing your cookies and cache, logging out of Gmail, and logging back in? 

Please also ensure that your email is showing connected within HubSpot. 

Thanks, 

Jenny

0 Upvotes
aborowiec
Participant

I have my hubspot extension icon lit up in orange but now I have no checkboxes for tracking and logging on Hubspot and cannot get them to appear. This has happened before and after some time they reappeared though I do not know why or how. This time they do not seem to be coming back

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @aborowiec 

Can you please send along screenshots of what you are seeing? Are other users experiencing this issue? 

Additionally, can you please confirm that the extension is enabled within Chrome. 

Thanks,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
adjal

Been getting the same issue for months. Thought I was the only one. It used to work and it suddenly stopped. On Chrome/Mac. Here is a screenshot of the console. I tried logging in dozens of times and it just does not want to accept it. Even added the appropriate sites as cookes. Please help!Screen Shot 2018-03-06 at 3.09.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-06 at 3.08.21 PM.png

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @adjal

Can you send along screenshots of what you're seeing within Gmail when you click on the icon? 

Additionally, if you can list out the troubleshooting steps you've already done, then we can make sure we don't repeat those suggestions 🙂 

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes