Gmail Sales Extension

HarrisonC89

Chrome Extension not working

SOLVE

Good afternoon,

My chrome extension and Gmail extension for HubSpot doesn't seem to want to work today. I have already gone through all the steps of trying to uninstall and reinstall as HubSpot recommends and still no luck. 

I am getting a grayed out icon on chrome with a blue explanation mark on it and in Gmail, I am not able to send a tracked mail through HubSpot or add contacts with new inbound emails. Attached is a copy of a screen shot of what I am seeing. 

screenshot-mail.google.com-2017-01-05-16-11-57.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
nicolebrenner
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @HarrisonC89 thanks for reaching out to the Community. This is definitely some funky behavior. In order to dig in more, would it be possible for you to get the Console Logs?

To do this, you can enable the developer mode by clicking the Chrome menu icon  and select Extensions from the Tools menu. Here you can Ensure that the "Developer mode" checkbox in the top right-hand corner is checked.

Then, you can right click on the page, select "Inspect Element", and reload the page. Finally, if you could click on the "Console" tab, and send the errors to me via private message as a HAR file, I can pass it along to my team for further investigation. 

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
46 Replies 46
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @adjal

Can you send along screenshots of what you're seeing within Gmail when you click on the icon? 

Additionally, if you can list out the troubleshooting steps you've already done, then we can make sure we don't repeat those suggestions 🙂 

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
YZ4Photos

SOLVE

Hi

I have a similar problem. The Chrom exetension worked fine until last week. This week

when I click on the icon I get this image: (1)(1)

Right click on the icon and select Inspect Pop-up

bring up this screen (2)

(2)(2)

Any ideas?

0 Upvotes
adjal

SOLVE

Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 11.23.49 AM.png

The Hubspot icon is greyed out. When I click it, it says login to use it. Even though I am already logged in, I click login. Takes me to login page. I login, gmail refreshes, icon is still grey and when clicked still stays login again.

Troubleshooting I have already done:

• Cleared cache
  • Deleted and reinstalled the chrome plugin several times
  • Restarted my computer
  • Updated Chrome
  • Made sure chrome is allowing 3rd party cookies
  • Added the approriate hubspot sites to the approved cookies list
  • Disabled all gmail labs apps

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @adjal

Thank you for sending along that information! 

One other question I have- are you being prompted to log in anywhere else (when sending emails from within HubSpot), or are you staying logged in there? 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
adjal

SOLVE

I'm not sure what the question is? I don't typically send emails from within hubspot (using the hubspot website) if that is what you mean. I always sent them directly using gmail, and they were still tracked.

Also please note - I am using the free hubspot plan, so my email tab in hubspot marketing is locked.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @adjal

Yes I was referring to emailing from within the crm (through the individual contact record as opposed to the email tool, which is associated with marketing subscriptions). 

Can you please try disabling all other Chrome extensions to see if there are any that are interferring? If you can send along screenshots with all of the extensions disabled if sprocket is still greyed out that would be great. 

Thank you, 
Jenny

0 Upvotes
mattdjog

SOLVE

Hi,

Just wanted to share my experience. I had the same issue with the hubspot logo grey in gmail (but the extension was shown connected on the chrome browser interface). And the hubspot bar when editing an email was not there.

I found it was coming from the Ghostery extension, a kind of AdBlock extension. I just trusted mail.google.com and also the hubspot domain. And everything is ok now.

If it can help, we never know.

Good luck.

leohonorlock

SOLVE

Where do I go to trust those? 

0 Upvotes
DanielGuimond

SOLVE

I do. The problem has been solved without my intervention a few days after my post. Thank you.

0 Upvotes
MateusPestana

SOLVE

Hello 

I am having the same problem, I have alredy tried to reinstall and reload the extension but nothing is working.

Could you please help me, regards,

0 Upvotes
SReeves

SOLVE
I'm having the same issue. My Chrome Plugin icon is greyed out with a blue exclamation mark.

I'm trying to sync to Gmail to see how many times I've emailed individual contacts (etc).

None of the items I've read in this form provide a solution. Has HubSpot identified the issue and a resolution?

Thank you
0 Upvotes
JoSeawright

SOLVE

I am having a siilar problem. I see the hubspot extensions when I compose an email but everything is greyed out, but when I hover in the middle of the bar between the templates the the track email check box I have discovered there is an invisible button (the cursor changes to allow me to click) when I click on the invisible button it asks me to choose an account. When I click on it to choose an account it tells me I don;t have one and to log in to Hubspot.

When I use that link to log into Hubspot it kee staking me to the log in screen. When I log in it takes me to my account  and while it is loading, I get to see the account details and menu in the top black bar and yes I even see my avatar and account number, it then takes me directly back to the log in screen.... and round and round we go.

There is something in that chrome extension that is stopping me from logging in and it has only happened in the last few days.

Frankievbe

SOLVE

Hi, I'm having the same problem, of the same grey icon. 

What can I do to fix it?

Thank you

0 Upvotes
makarenko

SOLVE

Hello!
I have the same problem but in my case the extension logo is orange but emails are not logged.

Here is the screenshot:
https://gyazo.com/994c9b2b8a52498ddc21cb1d1e7f8414

Actually at my start working after some time, but I can't figure on what it depends.

0 Upvotes
nicolebrenner
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

hey @makarenko is your issue with the extension, or with logging in CRM? It looks like your extension is working fine, if you're having trouble with logging emails in the CRM, I would either look for an existing post about that topic or to create a new one. And if you could also include some screenshots of sent messages that should have been logged, that would be really useful! 

0 Upvotes
makarenko

SOLVE

My issue is with logging in CRM. Emails are logged in only when Hubspot logo is present inside Gmail interface. In my case it is not.

makarenko

SOLVE

I have sent email that should be tracked:
https://gyazo.com/8cc5b6332f8d5771ea5fec465bc3410e

When I composed email there were no any HubSpot Sales interface features present in Gmail:
https://gyazo.com/c7f45645cfcaa2fe5a548c7a81e0276f
You can see that the send button is blue not orange as it should be.

And my email is not present in CRM:
https://gyazo.com/e330e04616f906ddbdab8ea93620a573

It seems that problem only appears in my job's network from home network it worked correctly yesterday.

0 Upvotes
nicolebrenner
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

@makarenko, when you are switching networks, are you also switching computers? If you click on the orange hubspot sales extension in chrome, does it prompt you to sign in? 

I would also recommend making sure that when you go to Settings>Gmail and Outlook that your email address is showing as connected. 

Are you always using the same email address, or would you like to log from multiple?

0 Upvotes
makarenko

SOLVE

@nicolebrenner no it doesn't prompt me to sign in. It works as normal: https://gyazo.com/c72c0181b2473f6417fcd17564dbf335
Computer is the same I only switch networks. Email is connected in the settings.

I have two email addresses in gmail but I want only one to be tracked and I have connected it to hubspot.

0 Upvotes
nicolebrenner
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @makarenko, could you open that message that should have been tracked and send me a private message with the original headers? 

1. Log in to Gmail
  2. Open the message you'd like to view headers for.
  3. Click the down arrow next to Reply, at the top of the message pane.
  4. Select Show Original.

The full headers will appear in a new window.

You can simply copy and paste the information in that window into your message to me. Then I can check to see if the trackign code was inserted into the message to try and identify exactly what's going on here! 

0 Upvotes
makarenko

SOLVE

@nicolebrenner I have sent you original message

0 Upvotes