Gmail Sales Extension

BDDSDRB

Chrome Extension - new strange behaviour

SOLVE

I've noticed some strange behaviour very recently with the chrome extension, Hubspot Sales & gmail:

1. When I launch Chrome, the Hubspot Sales extension has suddenly started to 'hijack' the first page/tab and now loads a page telling me that 'HubSpot Sales Extension requires a HubSpot account' (which I have but which, at that point, I haven't logged into).

2. Normally, I login to hubspot sales directly and, when composing a gmail, I get the usual radio button to track the email in hubspot sales.

Today however, direct login (via https://login.hubspot.com/login/) did not seem to make the connection between my email account and my hubspot sales account as the tracking option was still grayed out. I actually had to login via the extension button to get the tracking option in my gmail active. 

I've not made any changes to my setup so not sure why this behaviour should suddenly start like this. Something isn't right somewhere so, after giving some product feedback, I've been asked to raise it here so other Hubspot staff/experts can see it.

Best wishes

Steve

Info:

Windows 10

Chrome version 55.0.2883.87 m

HubSpot Sales extension v2.6.77

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
relabidin
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @BDDSDRB,

I recommend first uninstalling and then reinstalling the HubSpot Sales extension. Once you have reinstalled, please log in to the extension using the credentials that match your HubSpot Sales account.

After you have done that, please visit this URL: app.getsidekick.com/restart

This will cause a hard refresh to your HubSpot Sales extension, causing a reconnection of your inbox and HubSpot, which I believe should stop this strange behavior going forward.

If you continue to see problems, then I recommend checking your chrome settings and ensuring that cookies are enabled as this is required for your the extension to recognize that you are logged in.

Rami 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
relabidin
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @BDDSDRB,

I recommend first uninstalling and then reinstalling the HubSpot Sales extension. Once you have reinstalled, please log in to the extension using the credentials that match your HubSpot Sales account.

After you have done that, please visit this URL: app.getsidekick.com/restart

This will cause a hard refresh to your HubSpot Sales extension, causing a reconnection of your inbox and HubSpot, which I believe should stop this strange behavior going forward.

If you continue to see problems, then I recommend checking your chrome settings and ensuring that cookies are enabled as this is required for your the extension to recognize that you are logged in.

Rami 

0 Upvotes
BDDSDRB

SOLVE

That seems to have worked - so far.

Please be aware though that I, like many others, do a cleanup at the end of the day whem closing down. This means that cookies etc are wiped clean (I use ccleaner plus Advance SystemCare) so if you are expecting cookies to remain on my machine(s) then that won't happen.

The extension behaved itself perfectly well until recently so I'm not sure what happened.

If it starts playing up again, I'll start a new thread. For now, this one can be marked as 'solved'.

Many thanks for taking the time to help

Best wishes

BDDSDRB