Gmail Sales Extension

wblexpress
Participant

Cannot insert Templates or Documents

SOLVE

Until today, the CRM was working great.

Suddenly, I move computers, and the integration is messed up.  It's gray.

I can't insert a Template or Document, and I generally cannot get the sidebar to pop up.  If the sidebar does pop up, it comes up BLANK or grayed out.

I'm also not getting pop-ups from the Chrome extension anymore.  I uninstalled it, logged out, reauthorized my Gmail account, and reinstalled the extension.  Still nothing.

HELP!

see gray on the toolbarsee gray on the toolbar

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @wblexpress, I'm sorry that you've been having these issues. Regarding the greyed-out Templates in your Gmail client, the following steps usually clear up this type of issue:

Could you please go to your Settings by selecting your picture at the top right of your portal and choosing Settings. From there, click on the HubSpot Sales tab under your profile, re-select your Hub ID from the dropdown, and click Save. After that, please re-start the app by clicking on this link: app.getsidekick.com/restart.

Let me know if you keep seeing the same thing thereafter.

On no longer receiving real-time notifications, this Knowledge article should help you troubleshoot: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/email-notifications/real-time-notifications-do-no...

Please follow all of the steps in there, and let me know if the issue perseveres!

All the best,

May

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @wblexpress, I'm sorry that you've been having these issues. Regarding the greyed-out Templates in your Gmail client, the following steps usually clear up this type of issue:

Could you please go to your Settings by selecting your picture at the top right of your portal and choosing Settings. From there, click on the HubSpot Sales tab under your profile, re-select your Hub ID from the dropdown, and click Save. After that, please re-start the app by clicking on this link: app.getsidekick.com/restart.

Let me know if you keep seeing the same thing thereafter.

On no longer receiving real-time notifications, this Knowledge article should help you troubleshoot: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/email-notifications/real-time-notifications-do-no...

Please follow all of the steps in there, and let me know if the issue perseveres!

All the best,

May

Nick1

SOLVE

Hi May

I've just tried your lost template solution and it's not working for me. The app.getsidekick.com/restart  link in your email is not live but I highlighted this, right clicked, and selected go to...on the dropdown. It felt as if it restarted as there was a delay but I'm not completely sure.

Can you help  ???

Thanks

0 Upvotes
Nick1

SOLVE

Also...when I first open a new email the template tap is initailly highlighted for a second or so and then goes to gray. It's as if it's there but drops out.

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

@Nick1 can you please try uninstalling the HubSpot Sales extension, reinstalling it, logging back in and trying to access the Sales tools once again?

If the issue persists, please provide a screenshot of what you are seeing in your Gmail client, and/or a screencast if possible - I'm not sure what you mean by "the template tab is initailly highlighted for a second or so and then goes to gray".

Thank you for your help,

May

0 Upvotes
GriffonWS
Participant

SOLVE

Hi May,

I've been trying to insert the documents/templates in Gmail but it's not working. It was fine until Monday and I've been facing this issue only since yesterday. 

I've tried all the possible solutions posted here in the thread and also cleared cache and yet it is not working. The templates/documents are clickable but it's just not responding.  I've attached the screenshot. Screen Shot 2017-04-12 at 10.50.46 PM.png

0 Upvotes
GriffonWS
Participant

SOLVE

Need some help please. 

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @GriffonWS,

Your screenshot looks like it was taken from the CRM, but your question states that you are trying to insert the templates through Gmail - are you performing this action from Gmail, or from the CRM?

Indeed, when inserting templates into emails from Gmail, the screen should look like this: 

Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 4.04.24 PM.png

Is this not the case? Or are you seeing the above screen but are unable to select the templates? Could you please provide as much detail as possible regarding the action that you are trying to accomplish, with either a step-by-step process of the actions you are taking or a screencast of the process? This will be very helpful in trying to identify the cause of this problem.

Thank you,

May

0 Upvotes
GriffonWS
Participant

SOLVE

Hi May,

I'm performing the action on my Gmail. 

Here's the screenshot. I'm trying to add the document from my Gmail. Tried restarting the plugin but no luck. 

Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 8.30.03 PM.png 

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Thanks for this @GriffonWS. WHen you get the chance, could I have you try out the following:

• Disable all other Chrome extensions and any Gmail labs on your browser
  • Update your Chrome version
  • Are you able to access Sequences through Gmail?
  • Can you access templates or documents in the CRM?

If the issue persists, and/or after answering these questions, please send me a screenshot of your Gmail with the Chrome developer tools open at the Network tab. If there is an error (shown in red text), please click on that error and then copy the whole "response URL" and send that as well. Finally, please take a screencast of your trying to select a template or document in Gmail, with the network tab open (Jing is a great tool for recording screencasts).

Thanks for your help, and let me know if you have any questions on the above!

May

0 Upvotes
GriffonWS
Participant

SOLVE

Hi May,

I found the "templates" to be working from last night, though it doesn't change when I try to select between "view recent/view all". The "document" is still the same-unresponsive. 

I disabled the extensions and followed the steps you suggested and its still the same. 

I opened the developer tools and it actually shows a plenty of errors. Here's the screenshot  below and the links. I'll try to get the screencast done sometime later today. Please let me know if you could infer anything from the below errors. 

I couldn't post all the links as it exceeds the characters limit. 

Screen Shot 2017-04-19 at 7.18.29 PM.png

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
project.js:8 I18n locale / timezone loading timed out
(anonymous) @ project.js:8
notifications.google.com/u/0/widget?sourceid=23&hl=en&origin=https%3A%2F%2F…607180368&parent=https%3A%2F%2Fmail.google.com&pfname=&rpctoken=16230618:1 XMLHttpRequest cannot load https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin?passive=1209600&osid=1&continue=ht…=https://notifications.g.... No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin 'https://notifications.google.com' is therefore not allowed access.
chrome-extension://ghbmnnjooekpmoecnnnilnnbdlolhkhi/page_embed_script.js Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FAILED
static.hsappstatic.net/SalesIframes/static-2.14/bundles/sales-modal-bundle.js:6 I18n locale / timezone loading timed out
(anonymous) @ static.hsappstatic.net/SalesIframes/static-2.14/bundles/sales-modal-bundle.js:6
api.hubapi.com/sequences/v1/enrollment/email/Contact@griffonwebstudios.com/current?access_token=d02bdaed-0956-4e1a-82f7-f8ad8a38756a Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
static.hsappstatic.net/SalesIframes/static-2.14/bundles/sales-modal-bundle.js:20 The monitor method on Bucky is deprecated, and no longer does anything. You should stop calling it
(anonymous) @ static.hsappstatic.net/SalesIframes/static-2.14/bundles/sales-modal-bundle.js:20
static.hsappstatic.net/SalesIframes/static-2.14/bundles/sales-modal-bundle.js:20 The sendPerformanceData method on Bucky is deprecated, and no longer does anything. You should stop calling it
(anonymous) @ static.hsappstatic.net/SalesIframes/static-2.14/bundles/sales-modal-bundle.js:20
static.hsappstatic.net/SalesIframes/static-2.14/bundles/sales-modal-bundle.js:9 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'context' of null
api.hubapi.com/contacts/v1/contact/email/Contact@griffonwebstudios.com/profile?access_token=d02bdaed-0956-4e1a-82f7-f8ad8a38756a Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

0 Upvotes
GriffonWS
Participant

SOLVE

Hi May,

I've recorded the screencast- Here it is- http://www.screencast.com/t/AxkkKz0Kj

0 Upvotes
GriffonWS
Participant

SOLVE

Hi May, 

It looks like there were issues with my browser. It's fixed now 🙂 Thanks for all the help. 

MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @GriffonWS, thanks very much for letting me know (and I'm sorry for the delay in response - I've been away for the past few days). I'm glad that you were able to get to the bottom of the issue!

My best, May

0 Upvotes
Nick1

SOLVE

Hi May

Problem solved  !  Very much appreciated  🙂

Have a great weekend