Add a meeting to Google Calendar without sending an invite

How can I use the Google Calendar integration without automatically sending an invite to the person I am scheduling a meeting with? 

5 Replies 5
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @StoryofAMS this is not currently possible. The integration is designed to send invites to contacts you schedule meetings with. If you want to plan meetings without notifying contacts, you will need to create a task for internal notifications only.

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Adding an event to Google Calendar and sending invitation are two different things. It would be greate to separate them when adding task too. Is it possible to make a checkbox "Send Invitation" when adding task? 

Occasional Contributor

hi HubSpot crue, is this even taken into consideration? It would be great, i would love to plan my day with my calendar, but would not want to spam my prospects? 

0 Upvotes

Our company would benefit from this as well. We are trying to schedule times to contact our clients and have it sync with our Google Calendar but do not want to send invitations. If there was a "Send" option in addition to "Save and send invites" it would solve the problem.

Occasional Contributor

Please make this option available.  Our users want any meetings they schedule in HubSpot to appear on their Google Calendar, but rarely do they want to send an invitation to the lead or customer.

Principle of least surprise -- users setting up meetings may add internal discussion points/notes not realizing that the information is going to be sent to the customer!

0 Upvotes