Gmail Sales Extension

OBoguslavskyi
Mitglied | Platinum Partner

1st e-mail is logged for the contact, but not for the company

lösung

Hello Everyone.

While using Chrome extension, I've noticed that 1st e-mail is logged for the contact ONLY, but not for the company as well, and there is no way to do that.

What probably happens is: when we send the 1st e-mail, first the contact is created and e-mail is logged, and only after that the company is created, but the e-mail is not logged. 

When I send out 2nd email to this address, the company is already created by that time, so the e-mails are getting logged for the company too. 

Possible solutions are:
- to log each 1st email manually, or

- to create the company manually before sending the 1st e-mail to someone from this company.

Maybe someone knows more optimal way, or maybe Hubspot plans to fix it?

Best Regards.

Oleg

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
OBoguslavskyi
Lösung

lösung
0 Upvotes
4 Antworten
MiaSrebrnjak
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hi @OBoguslavskyi

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I believe that the email should log on all associated records, even for newly created contacts. Could you check if you've enabled the following settings: 

Please also note that there are a few exceptions to automatic activity association: For 1:1 emails, an automatic association will apply only for contacts included in the first email in a thread. Any additional replies in an email thread will be associated only with the same contacts as the first email.

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

OBoguslavskyi

lösung

Hi @MiaSrebrnjak 

I confirm that Automatic association between contacts and companies is turned on and in the plugin settings I  selected emails to log for new contacts & company records in the default log and track settings in the Chrome extension.

The problem happens when you write to the contact for the very first time. The e-mail is logged for the contact, but not for the company, which is also created when you send out the 1st e-mail to a new company you didn't reach before. You can try it yourself by sending e-mail to some company you didn't reach before, and see that the e-mail is logged only for the client, but not for the company.

Please let me know if you were able to replicate the issue.

Best Regards.

Oleg

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hi @OBoguslavskyi, I apologize for the late rely!

I did some testing on my end and it seems this is expected behaviour as the company record doesn't exist yet at the time that the email is logged on the contact record. 😞 All of the following emails should, however, log both on the contact and the company records.

I understand your use case here so I'd recommend posting this feature request to our Ideas Forum. We use it to collect ideas on how we can improve the product for our customers. Thank you! 

Cheers
Mia, Community team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

OBoguslavskyi
Lösung

lösung
0 Upvotes