General Discussions

SMeyer0
Contributor

RACI in HubSpot?

SOLVE

Hello - has anyone created a RACI within HubSpot?  We currently have our HubSpot properties RACI in a SharePoint file but, as the HubSpot Administrator, I would prefer it live in HubSpot (the tool I use everyday).  

One idea I've had is to start the description of every custom property with R-(name of person responsible for entering data in that property), A-(name of person accountable for the data in that property), C-(departments consulted to make that property), I-(name of departments that need to be informed when there are changes to that property).  

I am also wondering if a Custom Object could be used to create the RACI.  I have not thought through this option yet.

This may be the best idea and does not seem difficult to implement though I have no experience programming a CRM! 😁  Could HubSpot create 'data governance' fields in each property that allow CRM administrators to add those details.  Perhaps under the Basic Info tab of each field.  We can then have more visibility and accountability for each property's data.  It's basically a built in RACI.  I'd also want the new data governance fields to be exportable. 

SMeyer0_0-1712943588272.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

RACI in HubSpot?

SOLVE

@SMeyer0 I would add your idea here to reach the product team directly - make sure to include your goal, who would benefit, and as much detail as possible (including your screenshot) and how you're currently managing the data.

It's interesting that you're using RACI down to the individual property level and not as a higher level grouping of properties, most accounts I've managed have a defined RACI by department that includes rules about what department needs to be involved in the decision, and from there leverages the individuals in the RACI.

It would be helpful to have all of this in the same place, I'm wondering if Approvals for property changes would be more helpful than static RACI information.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

RACI in HubSpot?

SOLVE

Hi @SMeyer0,

Great question! Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I believe custom properties or custom objects might be able to help with this indeed.

I'd like to invite a couple of subject matter experts to this conversation: Hi @johnelmer, @Jnix284 and @danmoyle do you have suggestions to help @SMeyer0, please?

Also, if anybody else has anything to add and/or share, please feel free to join in the conversation 🙂

Thanks a lot and have a great day!

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

0 Upvotes
Jnix284
Solution

RACI in HubSpot?

SOLVE

@SMeyer0 I would add your idea here to reach the product team directly - make sure to include your goal, who would benefit, and as much detail as possible (including your screenshot) and how you're currently managing the data.

It's interesting that you're using RACI down to the individual property level and not as a higher level grouping of properties, most accounts I've managed have a defined RACI by department that includes rules about what department needs to be involved in the decision, and from there leverages the individuals in the RACI.

It would be helpful to have all of this in the same place, I'm wondering if Approvals for property changes would be more helpful than static RACI information.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin