General Discussions

kvlschaefer
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

INBOUND22: Optimizing For Customer Connection

During the HubSpot Spotlight at INBOUND 2022, Yamini Ragan mentioned that we’re in a Crisis of Disconnection. 

Between a global pandemic, economic and geopolitical uncertainty, privacy concern, and data complexity, it’s no wonder that we’re feeling disconnected from fellow human beings and customers. 

What if we turned this crisis into an opportunity to work together? 

There isn’t a written playbook for the Age of the Connected Customer. This is an opportunity for us to reflect on our Growth Strategy and build a new playbook together:

During the Spotlight, Yamini shared what this playbook might include:

• You need to consider a strategy that focuses on first-party data, to adapt to the changing privacy policies
  • You need to diversify your distribution strategy and how you reach prospects and customers in meaningful ways (gone are the days of cold emails that are not personalized or trying to engage buyers where they don’t want to engage)
  • You need to bring better context, research, data, and proof into your outreach and engagements in order to fight for that open rate
  • And you need to make buying a breeze. Today’s buyers expect b2b software, services, and everything as simple as buying on amazon. 
  • And you need to provide channel choice. Buyers now want to engage in whatever way they want, when they want - -and you’ll need to meet them there.

Learn more about the Age of the Connected Customer playbook, and Yamini’s thoughts on how we can solve the Crisis of the Disconnected Customer together:

We would love to hear your thoughts on the Age of the Connected Customer playbook! Drop your comments below:

1. Which strategy stands out to you the most?
  2. What would you add to the Age of the Connected Customer playbook?

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
4 Respostas 4
C-Amalaha
Membro

Amazing things I have learned so far on inbound. I want to be the best customer service person in any organization I find myself.

kvlschaefer
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

We're so happy to hear this, @C-Amalaha!

What has been your biggest learning so far? 

Wishing you all the best in your journey to become the best customer service person!

Best,

Kristen

0 Avaliação positiva
Jnix284
Participante de valor | Parceiro Elite
Participante de valor | Parceiro Elite

I think we all knew it, but maybe haven't heard it in these words, "make buying a breeze" and "as simple as buying on amazon."

Whether you are using StoryBrand or some other way to simplify your message and buying experience, it is so important to note the relationship between your customers and what they come to expect from their experiences with purchases in every aspect of their lives. You're not being judged against other B2B, you're being judged against all other purchase experiences.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

kvlschaefer
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

This is great insight, @Jnix284

You put the nail on the head with consumers comparing purchasing experiences 🙂  

A purchasing experience can either make it or break it and is especially relevant as word of mouth influences our decisions.