GDPR

SVerheyen
Membro

"Unsubscribed" not reflected in properties

Hey all, 

We're still getting everything working smoothly to comply with GDPR. 
But in the last few sequences I did, a lot of contacts unsubscribed. 

Though when I go to properties, there is nothing in 'opt-out ***' or 'unsubscribe to all mails'. 

So even though they unsubscribed, I cannot filter on these users, and hence also cannot create workflows around this to inform myself they unsubscribed. 

All I can do is go to the list of enrolled contacts to a sequence and see unsubscribed as the status there. 

Really hope I'm just missing something here, otherwise this would be quite annoying indeed since there are 2 properties for this that assumably don't update correctly. 

Cheers and have a nice one!

Simon 

0 Avaliação positiva
8 Respostas 8
karstenkoehler
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro

Hi @SVerheyen,

Thanks for sharing, unfortunately not enough to diagnose this from a distance. You could also check the individual contacts that are supposedly unsubscribed and check their property histories. In any case, HubSpot support should be able to help.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

SVerheyen
Membro

Hey @karstenkoehler,

Thought i'd just show you this filter to potentially save some back and forths. 

This is a filter for all of our different subscriptions.  As you can see only 3 people opted out of anything but still that first screenshot is one of multiple pages of sequences where contacts "unsubscribed" and Hubspot stopped being able to send mails to them.

unsibscribe_3.PNG

0 Avaliação positiva
karstenkoehler

Hi @SVerheyen,

It's hard to tell without seeing the contacts. With sequences, you must also have access to HubSpot support. I'd recommend reaching out to them to further investigate.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Avaliação positiva
SVerheyen
Membro

Ah apologies, I only saw this message now, after I sent the previous one. 

But sounds good. I will contact support and see if we can figure it out there!

As always, thanks for the fast and great feedback on here @karstenkoehler !!

0 Avaliação positiva
SVerheyen
Membro

Hey @karstenkoehler

Indeed, I checked this as well. Should have specified that before or shown screenshots of those as well. But none of the contacts have opted-out of anything. Their subscription history is empty and the properties of 'opted-out of...' are also all empty.

The longer I and my colleagues look at it, the more it just looks like hubspot automatically unsubscribed them for an unknown reason, without the contacts input.

0 Avaliação positiva
karstenkoehler

Hi @SVerheyen,

If a contact unsubscribes from all email, that unsubscribe is reflected in the property Unsubscribed from all email. This property is then set to "True".

Do you have any instances where a contact shows as unsubscribed in a sequence but not on the contact record?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

SVerheyen
Membro

Hey Karsten, 

Thank you for the quick response. I assumed that is how it's supposed to work but to show with 2 screenshots.

As you can see in this 1 sequence alone there are quite a few people that are unsubscribed, though if I filter in all 'unsubscribed to all mails' i only get 2 in total. Also if I check the properties of these contacts that unsubscribed, none of the 'opt-out' or 'unsubscribe to all mails' properties are true, they're all just blank.

Hope you can help me out here, thanks!
Simon

unsibscribe_1.PNG

unsibscribe_2.PNGts.

0 Avaliação positiva
karstenkoehler

Hi @SVerheyen,

These contacts might not have unsubscribed from all email but opted out of a specific subscription. In that case, in your list, you'd have to add an additional criterion, using the OR operator:

Unsubscribed from all email is equal to True

OR

Opted out of One to One

Could you check?

Karsten Köhler