GDPR

ALarge
Mitglied

marketing emails not going to signed up contacts - what to do?

lösung

Hi all. I am very new to CRM and am using Hubspot for my charity, to improve our marketing and communication.

I recently sent a newsletter to the contacts that have signed up to our newsletter, but only 40% of them recieved it. The remaining 60% have definitley signed up as I know most of them personally, but they did not receive the email. When I look at the details for the email, on the Action for those emails that were not sent, it says 'Recipient's Confirmation Required'. What is going on? And how can I fix it?

Thank you for any help you can give.

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @ALarge,

There are two features that could cause this. Could you share a screenshot of the notice?

The first one could be the GDPR settings. Do you have the GDPR settings enabled? If yes, depending on the exact settings, HubSpot will prevent email sends to contact who do not have a legal basis (opt-in) for the subscription type you chose in the Settings tab of the email editor.

In that case, you would have to update the subscription status of your contacts, specifically opt them into the subscription type of your email. (Of course, you should only make this change if there is a legal basis for it. My reply does not constitute legal advice and you should talk to a data privacy/protection professional when in doubt.) If the contacts are currently not opted (no previous choice made), they would be excluded from the email send. If they are opted in, they should now be eligible to receive the email.

The second one could be the double opt-in email. Do you have a double opt-in email enabled? If yes, these contacts might have received but not confirmed the email – I'd be a bit surprised since that would mean that the behavior of this feature has recently changed.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

1 Antwort
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @ALarge,

There are two features that could cause this. Could you share a screenshot of the notice?

The first one could be the GDPR settings. Do you have the GDPR settings enabled? If yes, depending on the exact settings, HubSpot will prevent email sends to contact who do not have a legal basis (opt-in) for the subscription type you chose in the Settings tab of the email editor.

In that case, you would have to update the subscription status of your contacts, specifically opt them into the subscription type of your email. (Of course, you should only make this change if there is a legal basis for it. My reply does not constitute legal advice and you should talk to a data privacy/protection professional when in doubt.) If the contacts are currently not opted (no previous choice made), they would be excluded from the email send. If they are opted in, they should now be eligible to receive the email.

The second one could be the double opt-in email. Do you have a double opt-in email enabled? If yes, these contacts might have received but not confirmed the email – I'd be a bit surprised since that would mean that the behavior of this feature has recently changed.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.