GDPR

TomHero
Teilnehmer/-in | Partner
Teilnehmer/-in | Partner

Which HubSpot cookies are needed for embedded forms to work?

lösung

Hi,

I have several clients using HubSpot forms on their websites which are built on another platform (eg. WordPress). I've been trying to figure out which cookies set by HubSpot are needed for embedded forms to work. Can anyone clarify this?

So far, I've found out that the "hubspotutk" analytics cookie is related to form submissions, as pointed out here:
https://knowledge.hubspot.com/reports/what-cookies-does-hubspot-set-in-a-visitor-s-browser

But does this mean that in the absence of this cookie forms are not even loaded? And even if a form is loaded, is it possible to submit the form even if the hubspotutk cookie is missing?

I would need to provide accurate cookie consent options on these sites. Hopefully, there is a way to treat HubSpot's form related cookies as mandatory cookies, separately from the rest.

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @TomHero,

Forms and embedded forms will work perfectly fine without cookies or with cookies rejected. The hubspotutk cookie keeps track of a visitor's identity which would be the requirement to pre-populate a form with known values – but a form can be submitted without this cookie.

You'd have to make sure that contact consent into their personal data being processed but this would be the consent notice below the form, not a cookie notice.

(Since this post touches on legal topics, I'll add that it does not constitute legal advice.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

5 Antworten
TomHero
Teilnehmer/-in | Partner
Teilnehmer/-in | Partner

lösung

Thanks @CMarritt for joining and elaborating. This is very interesting since this (assumable) tracking pixel counters.gif is not listed on HubSpot's cookie list.

I also found examples online where this particular file has been listed under "Marketing cookies" on the site's cookie policy. 

Does anyone have more details on this one?

karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @TomHero,

Forms and embedded forms will work perfectly fine without cookies or with cookies rejected. The hubspotutk cookie keeps track of a visitor's identity which would be the requirement to pre-populate a form with known values – but a form can be submitted without this cookie.

You'd have to make sure that contact consent into their personal data being processed but this would be the consent notice below the form, not a cookie notice.

(Since this post touches on legal topics, I'll add that it does not constitute legal advice.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

CMarritt
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

Hi Karsten,

We're currently having a similar issue with this. Our form doesn't load on the website unless Cookies are accepted. I did a little digging and the Cookie in question is embed/v3/counters.gif if this is set to necessary, the form displays and is usable. However upon submitting a response to the form (having not accepted cookies) the tracking information still appears in HubSpot regarding page views etc.

I'm assuming if we left embed/v3/counters.gif as necessary we would be breaking GDPR laws?

MiaSrebrnjak
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hi @CMarritt, I'm crossposting here for visibility. 

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

0 Upvotes
TomHero
Teilnehmer/-in | Partner
Teilnehmer/-in | Partner

lösung

Thank you @karstenkoehler  for your detailed response. This helps me and many of my clients a lot!