GDPR

KLottoShabat

Where to see opt-in status

SOLVE

Hi,
For a recent webinar I've created two opt-in tick boxes: a) consent to receive further communications from our company and b) consent to be contacted by panelists.
Looking at my contacts, I only manage to see a field called 'legal basis to process contact's data' and it says for all registrants 'freely given consent from contact'. 
I assume this is the legal basis for any communication related to the webinar, but not an opt-in to either the first and/or the second option. Where would I see the types of consent?
Many thanks,

Kathrin 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KLottoShabat,

This depends on the exact setup. Did you choose subscription types in the left sidebar of the form editor, like in my screenshot below?

karstenkoehler_0-1620296532945.png

If yes, then there are two ways to access this information. (In any case, you're not able to access this via contact properties which is... unintuitive.)

For individual contacts, you should see a section called Communication subscriptions in the left sidebar of the contact record:

karstenkoehler_2-1620296689603.png

This is where active subscriptions or opt outs would show.

If you want a list of all contacts who've selected a checkbox for a subscription in your form, you can create a list and filter for these Email subscriptions. (Second to last item in my screenshot.)

karstenkoehler_3-1620296749082.png

karstenkoehler_4-1620296773209.png

Keep in mind that this isn't saying anything about an email confirmation / double opt-in. Whether a contact has confirmed or not confirmed their subscription is stored in the property Marketing email confirmation status.

If you're using custom properties for any of the steps above, it will look different for you. If you get stuck, feel free to share a screenshot and I'll happily provide more help.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Thanks @MiaSrebrnjak!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Helfe gern, @KLottoShabat 🙂 Wer über die Inhalte der Wissensdatenbank entscheidet, weiß ich gar nicht, aber wir können ja mal @MiaSrebrnjak darauf aufmerksam machen. Viele Grüße!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
KLottoShabat

SOLVE

Sure. Glad to endorse this also in English!

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @KLottoShabat,

You're absolutely right, we often get questions about the lawful basis of processing and communication subscription types in HubSpot! Thank you for looping me in @karstenkoehler!

There are a couple of Knowledge base articles I wanted to share, but I also wanted to thank you for your feedback, it's much appreciated, I will forward it to our Knowledge Base team.

The information and usage instructions for our tools should be clear and easy to find. If you'll have trouble finding the right documentation in future, I would recommend reaching out to your Customer Success Manager or our Support team - they can request new information or an update to an existing Knowledge base article. If you want to provide feedback for a specific Knowledge base article, you can do so yourself, if you scroll to the bottom of the article: 

Screenshot 2021-05-10 at 14.41.35.png

These are the articles I wanted to share with you: 

Screenshot 2021-05-10 at 14.34.31.png

• As Karsten already mentioned, you are always required to select a communication/subscription type if you include a communications consent checkbox in your form. You're probably already aware of this, because you have already created a custom subscription type, but I still wanted to share this Knowledge base article that provides more information about subscription types.  
  • While the selected lawful basis of processing is saved as a contact property and can be used as a filter criteria in the contact overview, the information about communication subscriptions is saved in a separate section on the left hand side of a contact record to provide a better overview. Here's a Knowledge base article with more information about managing contacts' subscriptions. 
  • Apart from checking the subscriptions section on individual contact records, you can also use email subscription types as list criteria to create a list of all contacts that selected a specific communication type, more information in this article.

Hope this helps! 

Cheers,

Mia

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KLottoShabat,

This depends on the exact setup. Did you choose subscription types in the left sidebar of the form editor, like in my screenshot below?

karstenkoehler_0-1620296532945.png

If yes, then there are two ways to access this information. (In any case, you're not able to access this via contact properties which is... unintuitive.)

For individual contacts, you should see a section called Communication subscriptions in the left sidebar of the contact record:

karstenkoehler_2-1620296689603.png

This is where active subscriptions or opt outs would show.

If you want a list of all contacts who've selected a checkbox for a subscription in your form, you can create a list and filter for these Email subscriptions. (Second to last item in my screenshot.)

karstenkoehler_3-1620296749082.png

karstenkoehler_4-1620296773209.png

Keep in mind that this isn't saying anything about an email confirmation / double opt-in. Whether a contact has confirmed or not confirmed their subscription is stored in the property Marketing email confirmation status.

If you're using custom properties for any of the steps above, it will look different for you. If you get stuck, feel free to share a screenshot and I'll happily provide more help.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

KLottoShabat

SOLVE

Vielen Dank, Karsten! Leider konnte ich keinen Artikel dazu im Knowledge-Zentrum finden. Ev. solltest Du diese ausfuehrliche Antwort als Artikel vorschlagen? Das Thema wird sich oefters stellen, wie ich vermute...