GDPR

LDiPalma3
Participant

Whatsapp GDPR

SOLVE

Hi everyone, 

I need some help with this issue. We have created a workflow to send a whatsapp message to those who didn't show up for the call. I noticed this message in the action history: "This contact has not opted in to receive marketing WhatsApp messages."

And inside the contact the Whatsapp subscription is set as: Not Specified

However, the company GDPR indicates the acceptance of communications via Whatsapp. How can we track these acceptances? We can set a new subscription to force the creation in a workflow?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
DianaGomez
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

Whatsapp GDPR

SOLVE

Hi @LDiPalma3, I hope you are doing well 😊

The ability to send  WhatsApp messages is based on the WhatsApp Subscription, which we can see for each one of the contacts under "Email communication". If the contact hasn't been specified, WhatsApp data privacy does not allow you to message contacts who have not specified an opt-in status for WhatsApp notifications.

Based on our article, we can see that "You can send WhatsApp messages to contacts who opt in using the workflows tool. Once a contact opts in, you can set up a workflow that uses one of your WhatsApp message templates. To learn more about collecting and managing consent for WhatsApp conversations, check out this article."

Hope this helps, 

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
DianaGomez
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

Whatsapp GDPR

SOLVE

Hi @LDiPalma3, I hope you are doing well 😊

The ability to send  WhatsApp messages is based on the WhatsApp Subscription, which we can see for each one of the contacts under "Email communication". If the contact hasn't been specified, WhatsApp data privacy does not allow you to message contacts who have not specified an opt-in status for WhatsApp notifications.

Based on our article, we can see that "You can send WhatsApp messages to contacts who opt in using the workflows tool. Once a contact opts in, you can set up a workflow that uses one of your WhatsApp message templates. To learn more about collecting and managing consent for WhatsApp conversations, check out this article."

Hope this helps, 

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes