GDPR

hayesnelson
Teilnehmer/-in

Subscription to 'email types'

lösung

Where do I find the 'email types' that contacts have susbscribed to on the email preferences page (below)? I cant seem to find it on any data field in/on the contact record.

email types_communincation pref.jpeg

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
Phil_Vallender
Lösung
Koryphäe | Diamond Partner

lösung

Hi @hayesnelson

There are basically two kinds of email - blog digests and others. 

Each blog, including the one created by default, has an associated 'blog email subscription' property (that holds instant, daily, weekly, monthly) and an 'opted out of' property. 

Each other email type (of which 'marketing information' is the default) has just an 'opted out of' property. 

Then there is the global opt out. 

Essentially every contact is opted in (subscribed) to all these emails by default. They can receive any kind of email. Though they will not receive a blog digest unless they also have an email subscription frequency set. 

To check which emails a contact is 'subscribed' to, check which opt out properties are not checked. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

0 Upvotes
6 Antworten
Phil_Vallender
Lösung

lösung

Hi @hayesnelson

There are basically two kinds of email - blog digests and others. 

Each blog, including the one created by default, has an associated 'blog email subscription' property (that holds instant, daily, weekly, monthly) and an 'opted out of' property. 

Each other email type (of which 'marketing information' is the default) has just an 'opted out of' property. 

Then there is the global opt out. 

Essentially every contact is opted in (subscribed) to all these emails by default. They can receive any kind of email. Though they will not receive a blog digest unless they also have an email subscription frequency set. 

To check which emails a contact is 'subscribed' to, check which opt out properties are not checked. 

Hope this helps.

0 Upvotes
hayesnelson
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Thanks Phi! Making a bit more sense and I did find the info under 'opted out of: xyz', however the logic seems backwards if I want to create marketing campaigns. For example; if I want to send a regular cadence of tips and tricks to only those that have only agreed to that email type, does the list I create simply filter by; opted out of tips and tricks --- is unknown? wouldn't that gather everyone else thats simply in our data base due to a sales reps prospecting efforts? 

I guess the logic I'm looking for specifically is knowing who's agreed to each type rather than who opted out of all but one. Make sense?

Phil_Vallender

lösung

Hi @hayesnelson

It does feel a bit backwards sometimes. 

Things are changing with GDPR, with opt in becoming much more important, but until now we've basically wanted to be able to send an email type to any of our contacts (soft opt in) but give them the option to opt out - hence the sole 'opted out' property.

Still, what you describe is better for the reader and can be achieved using custom properties and lists. 

This article describes how to create a blog subscription checkbox and list, but the process up to that point can basically be applied to your tips and tricks email: How do I add a 'subscribe to blog' checkbox to my form?

Hope this helps.

0 Upvotes
cranberry
Mitglied

lösung

Hi Phil, 

Just wondering when auto opt-in will change? Soon?

Cheers, 

cranberry

KeyWestScott
Autorität

lösung

In case you hadn't heard.... And been under the proverbial rock.  It just changed last Friday. May 25....  Whole new can of worms to deal with, now.

0 Upvotes
RonaldVeco
Mitglied

lösung

Hello we've done something similar. 

We've changed our subscription types and did a permission passing campaign. However, now we want to include this list in the existing blog notification campaign. 

Problem is that is that we are not able to filter this list in any way (not in contacts or use this in a workflow). So the quick fix, assign all the "new" subscribers who opted-in to the existing email isn't possible.

Is there another solution for this? So, summarized, we only need to add the new subscriber list (based on a new subscription type) to the existing email notifications and remove the old list.

Thanks.