Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

Submission Form for subscription types

Highlighted
New Contributor

I have made a form where our customers can subrscribe to our newsletter(s). I have used the 'Concent checkbox for communications, form submit as conset to proces. It works when a new contact submitted. When a excisting contact submits the choosen subscribtion type will not change. Is this a bug?

0 Upvotes
6 Replies
Community Manager

Hi @Maaike,

Can you please share additional information so that we can assist? 

Please provide a link to the page where your form is, what type of form it is, as well as what property the form associates with within HubSpot. Is it a custom property? 

If you can share screenshots of what you see for new vs. existing contacts as well, that would be great.

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi @jennysowyrda,

This is the link to the form: https://share.hsforms.com/1G1P2ByrrRrO_RJEZhIqIgA2g0wd

We want to place this form on our homepage so our customers can submite to our several e-mail newsletters and blog update and the optin is registrated as a submission in the contact data.

I have used the Notice and consent /Legitimate Interest (GDPR)  - Consent checkbox for Communications; form submit as consent to process.

Form.jpg

In the consent to communicate checkbox I have used the subscription types. These are the marketing properties which we have activated via 'Settings'- 'Marketing'- 'Email' - 'Subcription type'.

settings.jpg

Thereby there is another problem you can't register with a hotmail account. I haven't blocked free e-mail providers.

Best,
Maaike

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Case 1

This user is already known as a contact in hubspot but didn't have a subscribtion for any of our newsletters. When he fills in the form the subscribtion type does not come through.

testcase 1.jpgtestcase 1 submission.jpgNo submission

Case 2

This user registrerd for one of three subscribtions "Weekend/weekedeal". This worked. Then the user also registered for the other two subscribtion types whitout any result.

testcase 2 submission.jpgtestcase 2.jpg

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @Maaike,

Thanks for the screenshots! Have you filed a ticket regarding this issue with Support? It looks like your subscription type has access to Support and that will be the most direct option to resolving this issue for you.

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

@Maaike did you ever get this resolved? Something to note: just becuase someone fills out a form that has a consent checkbox doesn't mean they actually checked the checkbox. The consent box is not required to submit the form, so you'll want to verify they actually checked the box.

Ideally, HubSpot will change the functionality to be a "yes/no" option instead of a checkbox. That way it can become a required field.

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

From what I have seen, it is now possible to make the consent to communicate checkbox required.

0 Upvotes