GDPR

davemorse
Mitglied

Simple question: How to opt-in subscribers to a list?

lösung

I'm embarrased to ask this ... so please, be nice 🙂

I'm a newbie to HubSpot and simply to want to capture email subscribers on a form.

What I've done so far:  I've built a simple landing page with a "Stay in touch" form on it.  I've created a SmartList to capture anyone who has populated and submitted this form.

My question:  Is this all there is to opting someone into a list (receiving permission to email them)?  

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
Phil_Vallender
Lösung
Koryphäe | Diamond Partner

lösung

Hi @davemorse

Welcome to the community. 

Technically, yes, you have captured an email address and now you can contact them by email. 

Wether you have permission to do this or not is a little open to interpretation - both now and under GDPR. 

Given that your form is titled 'Stay in touch', submitting it implies consent to receive certain marketing emails. This may not be enough once GDPR comes in. 

I'd say always share as much information as possible when capturing an email address and only send them things are closely relates to the subject of the enquiry - i.e. epxected - to avoid complaints. 

Good luck, Phil.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

2 Antworten
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

lösung

HI @davemorse   

FYI - HubSpot has released its GDPR product roadmap. Find out more here:
https://www.hubspot.com/data-privacy/gdpr/product-readiness

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Lösung

lösung

Hi @davemorse

Welcome to the community. 

Technically, yes, you have captured an email address and now you can contact them by email. 

Wether you have permission to do this or not is a little open to interpretation - both now and under GDPR. 

Given that your form is titled 'Stay in touch', submitting it implies consent to receive certain marketing emails. This may not be enough once GDPR comes in. 

I'd say always share as much information as possible when capturing an email address and only send them things are closely relates to the subject of the enquiry - i.e. epxected - to avoid complaints. 

Good luck, Phil.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency