GDPR

Chris7
メンバー | Elite Partner
メンバー | Elite Partner

Resending confirmation email to all contacts who didn't click

解決

Hello community!

We have a decent amount of contacts in our database who received a double opt-in email but never confirmed it. Now we want to clean up our data pool, but deleting all of these contacts who generally showed interest in our products seems wrong. We would like to ask them once more if they want to receive marketing emails from us before we remove them permanently.

So here's my question: Is there any way to resend the confirmation mail to unconfirmed adresses?

Without their explicit consent, we cannot send them a normal email. I know it's possible to resend the confirmation mail via a contact's profile. But doing that manually to hundreds of cotacts seems excessive.

My first idea was to temporarily set their marketing confirmation status to "Customer marked confirmed", just for one email. But changing the confirmation status through a workflow doesn't seem to be possible.

Is there a better (and legally safer) way to do this?

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
karstenkoehler
解決策
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

解決

Hi @Chris7,

As far as I know, this is not related to the GDPR settings but the activated double opt-in. With the double opt-in (temporarily) disabled to send a custom double opt-in email via workflow, I would expect a custom email to go through. Afterwards, you could re-enable the system double opt-in.

(I haven't tested this.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 いいね!
4件の返信
karstenkoehler
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

解決

Hi @Chris7,

Yes, you can create a custom confirmation email. When adding links in HubSpot, either to text or to buttons, you can choose a link type Email subscription link > Subscription confirmation, see below for a text link...

karstenkoehler_0-1668188910624.png

... or a button:

karstenkoehler_1-1668188953561.png

This is also documented here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/how-to-send-contacts-an-email-with-an-opt-out-link-so-they-can-m...

From conversations with HubSpot technical consultants I recall that this type of link should not be used in regular emails, only automated emails (and would thus require a Marketing Hub Professional subscription). I can't find anything in written about this, unfortunately. Maybe this has been changed since.

(This reply does not constitute legal advice.)

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Chris7
メンバー | Elite Partner
メンバー | Elite Partner

解決

Hello @karstenkoehler 

Thank you you for your reply. I am aware of the possibility to add a subscription link to an email. My problem is that I cannot send unconfirmed contacts an email in the first place since we activated all GDPR functions in our account. I appologize for the unprecise question.

I'm searching for a way to send an additional confirmation mail to contacts who did not the click the first one. I could temporarily change their confirmation status, so they can receive my email. But doing so would require a workflow since I don't want to change hundreds of profiles manually. I there any way to bulk change the confirmation status of multiple contacts at once? Workflows don't seem to allow this.

0 いいね!
karstenkoehler
解決策
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

解決

Hi @Chris7,

As far as I know, this is not related to the GDPR settings but the activated double opt-in. With the double opt-in (temporarily) disabled to send a custom double opt-in email via workflow, I would expect a custom email to go through. Afterwards, you could re-enable the system double opt-in.

(I haven't tested this.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 いいね!
Chris7
メンバー | Elite Partner
メンバー | Elite Partner

解決

Hello @karstenkoehler 

That should do it. Thank you very much.

0 いいね!