Removal of Adroll Integration

Résolue
Contributeur régulier

I originally integrated Adroll into a site but not using it any more.

Despite unticking the box to remove the Adroll integration when I look at the source code the Adroll advertiser ID and pixel ID are still showing.

I've cleared the cache/the cookies but it still shows and I have even removed the profile in Adroll for that account.

It's showing sitewide and I have checked all the templates to see if I can find it but to no avail.

I'm going mad!

How can I remove this from the source once and for all?

It being there is causing me to have two Facebook pixels and it seems a bit like Cambridge Analytica all over again with someone snooping into audiences they no longer have permission to be snooping in to....

Répondre
0 Vote / Votes
Solution acceptée / Solutions acceptées

Solutions approuvées
Contributeur régulier

After a lot of back and forth the Adroll support team seem to think I can remove it manually....

They clearly don't understand how integrations, templates or the HubSpot CMS work.

If it was as simple as removing in manually I would have been able to do that.

Guess I am resigned to having Adroll tracking on my entire site, in perpetuity.

Which I am not happy about.

Répondre
0 Vote / Votes
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Hi @jimbanks, I'm sorry to hear you're still having trouble with this. In the past, I have had success with navigating to content settings in HubSpot > selecting the applicable domain (or "All domains") from the domain dropdown > rechecking the "Integrate with AdRoll" box > saving > unchecking the box again > saving.

For future reference, I am curious as to whether you unchecked the Integrate with AdRoll box prior to uninstalling or after uninstalling the integration as I am wonderig if this order of operations has an effect on removal of the code from the website.

Répondre
0 Vote / Votes
Contributeur régulier

I finally managed to resolve this issue and shot a quick video to demonstrate how to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l3v0MjVU_k

Sometimes the simplest things are the most complex to deal with.

5 RÉPONSES 5
Highlighted
Gestionnaire de communauté

Hey @jimbanks I'd stornlgy reccommend contacting AdRoll support if you are able to / have not already! Let me know if they come back to you with any questions / actions for HubSpot. 

Répondre
0 Vote / Votes
Contributeur régulier

After a lot of back and forth the Adroll support team seem to think I can remove it manually....

They clearly don't understand how integrations, templates or the HubSpot CMS work.

If it was as simple as removing in manually I would have been able to do that.

Guess I am resigned to having Adroll tracking on my entire site, in perpetuity.

Which I am not happy about.

Répondre
0 Vote / Votes
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Hi @jimbanks, I'm sorry to hear you're still having trouble with this. In the past, I have had success with navigating to content settings in HubSpot > selecting the applicable domain (or "All domains") from the domain dropdown > rechecking the "Integrate with AdRoll" box > saving > unchecking the box again > saving.

For future reference, I am curious as to whether you unchecked the Integrate with AdRoll box prior to uninstalling or after uninstalling the integration as I am wonderig if this order of operations has an effect on removal of the code from the website.

Répondre
0 Vote / Votes
Contributeur régulier

hey @KevinGrondin thanks for responding.

I had already tried that but I thought I would do it again to see if it worked.

No joy.

As a footnote to this, I also can't remove Adroll from my Facebook Business Manager account, no matter what I try.

Facebook have been trying to resolve this and still no joy there either.

It seems like it is an Adroll issue and not a HubSpot or Facebook issue.

For that reason I would strongly advise any of my clients to consider using Adroll.

In about a week GDPR comes into play and as I am effectively sharing my visitor data through both HubSpot and Facebook I am not sure how that is going to leave me.

Becoming a bigger issue each day and the lack of support from Adroll is unacceptable.

Répondre
0 Vote / Votes
Contributeur régulier

I finally managed to resolve this issue and shot a quick video to demonstrate how to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l3v0MjVU_k

Sometimes the simplest things are the most complex to deal with.