GDPR

jimbanks
Contributor | Partner
Contributor | Partner

Removal of Adroll Integration

SOLVE

I originally integrated Adroll into a site but not using it any more.

Despite unticking the box to remove the Adroll integration when I look at the source code the Adroll advertiser ID and pixel ID are still showing.

I've cleared the cache/the cookies but it still shows and I have even removed the profile in Adroll for that account.

It's showing sitewide and I have checked all the templates to see if I can find it but to no avail.

I'm going mad!

How can I remove this from the source once and for all?

It being there is causing me to have two Facebook pixels and it seems a bit like Cambridge Analytica all over again with someone snooping into audiences they no longer have permission to be snooping in to....

Jim BanksSetup, media buying and support for ecommerce merchants using Shopify who want to leverage the HubSpot Growth Stack.
HubSpot Gold Partner
0 Upvotes
3 Accepted solutions
jimbanks
Solution
Contributor | Partner
Contributor | Partner

SOLVE

After a lot of back and forth the Adroll support team seem to think I can remove it manually....

They clearly don't understand how integrations, templates or the HubSpot CMS work.

If it was as simple as removing in manually I would have been able to do that.

Guess I am resigned to having Adroll tracking on my entire site, in perpetuity.

Which I am not happy about.

Jim BanksSetup, media buying and support for ecommerce merchants using Shopify who want to leverage the HubSpot Growth Stack.
HubSpot Gold Partner

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOLVE

Hi @jimbanks, I'm sorry to hear you're still having trouble with this. In the past, I have had success with navigating to content settings in HubSpot > selecting the applicable domain (or "All domains") from the domain dropdown > rechecking the "Integrate with AdRoll" box > saving > unchecking the box again > saving.

For future reference, I am curious as to whether you unchecked the Integrate with AdRoll box prior to uninstalling or after uninstalling the integration as I am wonderig if this order of operations has an effect on removal of the code from the website.

0 Upvotes
jimbanks
Solution
Contributor | Partner
Contributor | Partner

SOLVE

I finally managed to resolve this issue and shot a quick video to demonstrate how to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l3v0MjVU_k

Sometimes the simplest things are the most complex to deal with.

HubSpot Gold Partner

5 Replies 5
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @jimbanks I'd stornlgy reccommend contacting AdRoll support if you are able to / have not already! Let me know if they come back to you with any questions / actions for HubSpot. 

0 Upvotes
jimbanks
Solution
Contributor | Partner
Contributor | Partner

SOLVE

After a lot of back and forth the Adroll support team seem to think I can remove it manually....

They clearly don't understand how integrations, templates or the HubSpot CMS work.

If it was as simple as removing in manually I would have been able to do that.

Guess I am resigned to having Adroll tracking on my entire site, in perpetuity.

Which I am not happy about.

HubSpot Gold Partner
0 Upvotes
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOLVE

Hi @jimbanks, I'm sorry to hear you're still having trouble with this. In the past, I have had success with navigating to content settings in HubSpot > selecting the applicable domain (or "All domains") from the domain dropdown > rechecking the "Integrate with AdRoll" box > saving > unchecking the box again > saving.

For future reference, I am curious as to whether you unchecked the Integrate with AdRoll box prior to uninstalling or after uninstalling the integration as I am wonderig if this order of operations has an effect on removal of the code from the website.

0 Upvotes
jimbanks
Contributor | Partner
Contributor | Partner

SOLVE

hey @Anonymous thanks for responding.

I had already tried that but I thought I would do it again to see if it worked.

No joy.

As a footnote to this, I also can't remove Adroll from my Facebook Business Manager account, no matter what I try.

Facebook have been trying to resolve this and still no joy there either.

It seems like it is an Adroll issue and not a HubSpot or Facebook issue.

For that reason I would strongly advise any of my clients to consider using Adroll.

In about a week GDPR comes into play and as I am effectively sharing my visitor data through both HubSpot and Facebook I am not sure how that is going to leave me.

Becoming a bigger issue each day and the lack of support from Adroll is unacceptable.

HubSpot Gold Partner
0 Upvotes
jimbanks
Solution
Contributor | Partner
Contributor | Partner

SOLVE

I finally managed to resolve this issue and shot a quick video to demonstrate how to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l3v0MjVU_k

Sometimes the simplest things are the most complex to deal with.

HubSpot Gold Partner