GDPR

Lucinda
Contributor

Red Flag Opted out of all Communication

SOLVE

When I first started using Hubspot (at the start of 2019) if a contact had opted-out of all communications it would flag this in the top left-hand corner of the contact record.

Why has this red flag been removed?

You now have to scroll all the way down to communication subscriptions to see if someone is opted out of all communications. And if someone is opted-out of one or two communication subscriptions it doesn't even mention this. It only states if someone is opted-out of all subscriptions or opted-in to subscriptions. This does not make sense.  

To enable our staff to see what has been opted-out of we have to list out all the Opted out of email: properties under About this contact but the property is confusing because of the way it is worded - our staff misinterpret the mere presence of the property as confirmation that the contact has Opted out of email. 

This is causing a lot of confusion and is the one thing that we need to ensure is as "clear as day" to make sure we don't fall foul of the GDPR and end up with a hefty fine.  Please find a solution that makes it really easy to see if a contact has opted out of subscriptions. 

1 Accepted solution
ajchapman20
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Lucinda ,

This might be a user-specific issue that requires clearing your cache and updating your browser. Can you try that, including to exit the browser and then logging back into HubSpot?

When that is completed, please go to this contact and send a screenshot of the About Card.

Also, here is a link to the property: Unsubscribe from all, if you hover over it you can select "Add to view" to see it in the about card. Let me know if this helps:-)

Alex Chapman | Inbound marketing Expert

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
ajchapman20

SOLVE

@Lucinda

Within HubSpot we still have opt-out in the upper left corner and users can add the property Unsubscribe from all to their About card if they would like it more forward facing. You can also create a list of Unsubscribed from All.

You can also make a list for individual subscription opt-outs : Opted out of email: One to One

Let me know if I can help you with anything else regarding this issue:-)

Lucinda
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @ajchapman20 

We don't seem to have the same options as you.

There is no Unsubscribe from all property to add to the About this contact section on a contact record.

And we no longer see the Opted out of all email in the top left - this is a screen shot I took from some training I filmed on our Hubspot a year ago and as you can see there is a notification that says "Lucinda Watt is opted out of email"

Opted out of email screen shot.JPG

ajchapman20
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Lucinda ,

This might be a user-specific issue that requires clearing your cache and updating your browser. Can you try that, including to exit the browser and then logging back into HubSpot?

When that is completed, please go to this contact and send a screenshot of the About Card.

Also, here is a link to the property: Unsubscribe from all, if you hover over it you can select "Add to view" to see it in the about card. Let me know if this helps:-)

0 Upvotes