GDPR

Jolanda

Privacy policy text for emailing leads

SOLVE

We would like to set up a privacy policy or other text to refer to on our landing pages and in our emails to leads. In this policy we would like to indicate what we will do (and not do) with the personal data that person has entered and what kinds of email they can expect.

Are there any "best practice" rules for this. Or example texts or templates?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
shearn
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Data protection and privacy are becoming a must-have for businesses in North America, Europe and beyond.  I've been involved with projects surrounding data protection in both Canada (CASL) and now in Europe (GDPR) and the best advice I can give would be to seek out advice from a data protection commissioner or someone with a background in data protection from a legal stand-point. 

Also, it's important to understand the difference between a privacy policy and a privacy statement. A privacy policy is business-wide and documents how you process data at every level. A privacy statement tells the public how you process data on your website.

Most advice you'll find online won't have much, if any, legal standing. 

Just as a reference to see how some countries are imposing data regulations for businesses :

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
shearn
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Data protection and privacy are becoming a must-have for businesses in North America, Europe and beyond.  I've been involved with projects surrounding data protection in both Canada (CASL) and now in Europe (GDPR) and the best advice I can give would be to seek out advice from a data protection commissioner or someone with a background in data protection from a legal stand-point. 

Also, it's important to understand the difference between a privacy policy and a privacy statement. A privacy policy is business-wide and documents how you process data at every level. A privacy statement tells the public how you process data on your website.

Most advice you'll find online won't have much, if any, legal standing. 

Just as a reference to see how some countries are imposing data regulations for businesses :

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.
Jolanda

SOLVE

Thank you very much for your reply Shearn! Especially the point that privacy policy and statement are not the same thing is very helpful. We will certainly dive into this.

0 Upvotes
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

FYI @Jolanda and @shearn

HubSpot has released its GDPR product roadmap. Find out more here:
https://www.hubspot.com/data-privacy/gdpr/product-readiness

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes