GDPR

CarolineOuten

Populate contact property with workflow

SOLVE

We would like to start setting an expiration date on opt ins to help with GDPR compliance and I am a bit new to Hubspot. Is there a way to create a workflow that populates a field with a date and time? It would looks something like this:

1. Contact fills out a form and checks the opt in field

2. Opt In gets set to true 

3. A custome field called "Opt In Expiration" gets populated with a date and time exactly one year from the time the opt in was checked.

Then, we could use this field to trigger emails to make sure people re-subscribe before they expire.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CarolineOuten

Notwithstanding potential confusion between processing and email marketing, GDPR and PECR, I think HubSpot's new GDPR readiness features will help you to do this. 

It looks like they will timestamp the use of their 'consent' property. Hopefully this will let you automate actions of the back of this. 

Information on the features can be found here: https://www.hubspot.com/data-privacy/gdpr/product-readiness

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @CarolineOuten

Notwithstanding potential confusion between processing and email marketing, GDPR and PECR, I think HubSpot's new GDPR readiness features will help you to do this. 

It looks like they will timestamp the use of their 'consent' property. Hopefully this will let you automate actions of the back of this. 

Information on the features can be found here: https://www.hubspot.com/data-privacy/gdpr/product-readiness

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Upvotes