GDPR

amandabrunish
Colaborador(a)

Opt-In and Opt-Out Forms

resolver

Hi All - 

So I am trying to set up our forms with the opt-in and opt-out option.  I honestly thought it would be a little easier than it is (which could simply be user error on my part).   I created a workflow that, when someone clicks they do not want to receive email, then are added to our Do Not Send list.  However, if they re-opt-in (for example, later fill out a form and say they DO want to receive email), they are not removed from this list.

What am I doing wrong?  Also, am I missing something really obvious about how to do this?  I was hoping there was a way to have Opt-Out tie into the Opt-out on the Contact Record (Under Actions) but don't see that option available.

NEW:  In addition, I am confused how (or if I can) add a link to my email Subscription Types to a form, for example.  

Thank you for your help!

Amanda 

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
Phil_Vallender
Solução
Participante de valor | Parceiro Diamante

Opt-In and Opt-Out Forms

resolver

Hi @amandabrunish

I think this will become easier when HubSpot releases their revamped email preferences system as a part of their GDRP measures.

The new system will, I understand, fully support opt-in, whereas the current system only really supports opt-out. 

I'm sure you can rig it along the lines you've been trying, but you might be better to wait. 

If you have already read it a dozen times, here's the info on GDPR updates: https://www.hubspot.com/data-privacy/gdpr/product-readiness 

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

Exibir solução no post original

8 Respostas 8
Brian_Spinner
Membro

Opt-In and Opt-Out Forms

resolver

I saw your post on creating opt-in and opt-out forms and am wondering if you found a solution. I need to create such an email and am seeking help within HubSpot but am having difficulty finding a solution.

Thanks!

Brian

marketing@aceray.com

0 Avaliação positiva
amandabrunish
Colaborador(a)

Opt-In and Opt-Out Forms

resolver

Brian -

I came up with a subpar solution that works for us for now.  Below is a workflow I utlized for our opt-in email.  It populates the Consent to Marketing Email field with a "yes" or "no" based on whether a Contact clicks the Opt-In link or not.  It gets a little hairy with emails that were "deferred" or bounced as they do not count as those who "did not open" because they never received the email originally.

What I don't like is 1) I still can't connect to the "Opt-out" Option in a Contact's record under Actions - which is the failsafe with to prevent sending a marketing email to the wrong person. With the above method, I have to create an exclusion mailing list.  2) I still haven't discovered an easy way to allow a Contact to only subscribe to certain marketing information and document that appropriately in HubSpot.

If anyone has any insights, they are appreciated! 🙂

2018-05-30_15-59-18.jpg

Phil_Vallender
Solução

Opt-In and Opt-Out Forms

resolver

Hi @amandabrunish

I think this will become easier when HubSpot releases their revamped email preferences system as a part of their GDRP measures.

The new system will, I understand, fully support opt-in, whereas the current system only really supports opt-out. 

I'm sure you can rig it along the lines you've been trying, but you might be better to wait. 

If you have already read it a dozen times, here's the info on GDPR updates: https://www.hubspot.com/data-privacy/gdpr/product-readiness 

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
amandabrunish
Colaborador(a)

Opt-In and Opt-Out Forms

resolver

Phil - I think you are right.  Sure hope that gets launched soon, as I believe we are now past "early May" and have hit "mid-May." 🙂

0 Avaliação positiva
lelparker
Membro

Opt-In and Opt-Out Forms

resolver

I'm in the same boat in terms of timing, where are the promised updates? I've pinged support, and am hoping to hear back soon. It's beginning to feel like we are going to be spending some late nights next week to update everything, wish the features had been released in early-May as noted on the GDPR-readiness page.

0 Avaliação positiva
amandabrunish
Colaborador(a)

Opt-In and Opt-Out Forms

resolver

I just saw an update on their GDPR page that all updates will be completed by 5/22/18.  At least now we know.

0 Avaliação positiva
lelparker
Membro

Opt-In and Opt-Out Forms

resolver

Thanks @amandabrunish for the update. Agreed at least now we know, but it's a bit crazy it will be only 2-days prior to legislation going into effect.

0 Avaliação positiva