GDPR

kchung

OneTrust cookie agreement code

Hi Everyone,

Didn't find an answer to our problem on this forum.

We are using the OneTrust cookie agreement and have inserted the snippet of code into the <head> of the global setting's Website>Pages section. Works fine.

The problem is mostly in the Hubspot editing backend:

1) the Cookie notice bar keeps appearing within the editing area - even after you accept or reject the cookies. And its annoying.

2) the Hubspot editing icon (which appears on the top-right corner of every page when viewing through a browser to access editing tools) is not displayed.

3) The OneTrust code seems to prevent the social media icons in the HS blog from displaying as well.

Is there a fix or best-practice to using a third-party cookie agreement code? We want to keep using OneTrust as we are fairly invested in it.

Thanks

5 Replies 5
Rgonzalez1
Contributor | Diamond Partner
Contributor | Diamond Partner

I am having the exact same problem. There has to be a solution... 

https://www.loom.com/share/430ba780fd07489392374e6425a9bc2b

Rebecca Gonzalez
thompsonsj
Participant

I'd suggest using Google Tag Manager to load the OneTrust cookie banner.

HubSpot has a Google Tag Manager integration: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/website-pages/add-the-google-tag-manager-code-to-your-pages.

...and OneTrust have docs regarding adding their cookie banner using Google Tag Manager: https://community.cookiepro.com/s/article/UUID-301b21c8-a73a-05e8-175a-36c9036728dc?language=en_US

I can attest to this being a good method. when editing pages, HubSpot won't load Google Tag Manager, and as a result the cookie banner won't show.

It's also a good place to manage all other custom JavaScript - Google Tag Manager does checks for valid code...etc.

DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @thompsonsj thank you for sharing 🙂

Best, 

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
cjmateos
Participant

Hi, 

I'm having this issue too with my Hubspot pages. I would like to integrate OneTrust Cookie consent in my hubspot pages but it is impossible since although you accept/decline the cookies from the OneTrust banner, it keeps appearing again and again each time you refresh the page. 

I only have seen this issue with Hubspot pages. I use OneTrust in other pages and it works as expected. 

Hope someone can help on this.

Thanks

JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @kchung,

Thanks for reaching out.
I want to tag in some subject matter experts to see if they have any suggestions.
Hi @RaviT @MMalloy @anhorvat, do you have any thoughts on this?

Thanks!
Jess 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !