GDPR

jenni_vere
Teilnehmer/-in | Platinum Partner

Looking for the best practice for HubSpot + Cookiebot with GTM and GA

lösung

Hello you all!

I use Cookiebot on HubSpot CMS hub website. Cookiebot is integrated with the app.

My question is that should I have GTM and GA integrations done with HubSpot's own Tracking integrations OR should I add GTM script to the Site header HTML and have GA through GTM instead? 

And lastly, shoud I implement the cookie consent banner in GTM as well?

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
Aakar
Lösung
Autorität

lösung

Hi @jenni_vere 

I guess, OneTrust and Cookiebot work more or less similar. For the OneTrust cookie banner and everything, I added the script directly to GTM, but I had to manually configure firing triggers in GTM. So, if you already have GTM integration with HubSpot, I suggest putting all of your GA, Cookiebot, consent banner scripts in GTM itself. But make sure, your GTM triggers fire before everything else. 

However, it looks like HubSpot takes care of everything after the integration with the Cookiebot. Once the integration is completed through the Cookiebot CMP app, your new cookie consent banner will be shown in your HubSpot CMS. In that case, you don't have to put any cookiebot scripts to GTM or HubSpot. 

If you're talking about Google consent mode for Google Analytics, you need to put that Google consent script directly in the HubSpot. I don't know how Cookiebot handles Google consent mode. You don't need to integrate both GTM & GA with HubSpot.

Thanks for the tag @MiaSrebrnjak 

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
aakar.me | @aakarpost | in/aakarpost

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

3 Antworten
MiaSrebrnjak
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hi @jenni_vere,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I have found a similar query in the Community which might be helpful.

I also wanted to tag a couple of other users and internal contributors to see if they can share their experience with Cookiebot, GTM and GA: 

Hi @MatthewShepherd@Aakar@peppereffect@SimonS, do you maybe have any tips for @jenni_vere? Thank you!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team    

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

Aakar
Lösung
Autorität

lösung

Hi @jenni_vere 

I guess, OneTrust and Cookiebot work more or less similar. For the OneTrust cookie banner and everything, I added the script directly to GTM, but I had to manually configure firing triggers in GTM. So, if you already have GTM integration with HubSpot, I suggest putting all of your GA, Cookiebot, consent banner scripts in GTM itself. But make sure, your GTM triggers fire before everything else. 

However, it looks like HubSpot takes care of everything after the integration with the Cookiebot. Once the integration is completed through the Cookiebot CMP app, your new cookie consent banner will be shown in your HubSpot CMS. In that case, you don't have to put any cookiebot scripts to GTM or HubSpot. 

If you're talking about Google consent mode for Google Analytics, you need to put that Google consent script directly in the HubSpot. I don't know how Cookiebot handles Google consent mode. You don't need to integrate both GTM & GA with HubSpot.

Thanks for the tag @MiaSrebrnjak 

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
aakar.me | @aakarpost | in/aakarpost
jenni_vere

lösung

Hi Mia! Thanks for linking this discussion. However, it is mainly about Onetrust so I didn't get my exact answer about Cookiebot usage yet.

So if you or someone else have any more information about how to use Cookiebot with HubSpot and what is the best way to integrate GTM and GA, please let me know!

Thanks!!

0 Upvotes