GDPR

PaulJ

Issue with cookies config button and web beacon

Hi all:

We are using Hubspot with an external site, and we enabled the GDPR features and configured our cookie policy. When testing, everything seems fine: the cookie consent banner shows up, we can configure which cookies to accept, etc. We are having two issues, though:

1. The cookie config button code doesn't work. With this I mean the embed code that appears at the bottom of "Settings" -> "Privacy and consent" -> "Cookies" when you enable GDPR. If I'm not mistaken, this code is used to create a button that allows end users to configure their cookie consents again, so I pasted it in our privacy policy, after a part of the text saying "You can configure your cookie consents by clicking here". The problem is that the button doesn't do anything. You click on it and nothing happens, and Chrome Developer Tools doesn't show any error either.
  2. I used Cookiebot to scan our site and it said that, aside of the Hubspot cookies, Hubspot is also adding a web beacon with the name "__ptq.gif". Is it controlled by the cookie consent banner too? (In other words, if you reject cookies, does Hubspot stop adding that beacon?) Is it necessary, for the purposes of the GDPR, to ask for consent for that beacon?

Thanks in advance.

Paulo.

2 Replies 2
ManuelC
Contributor

Hi @PaulJ ,

Sorry for the late response... maybe in the meantime your problems has been solved but I will still answer 🙂

1. I am having the same problem with the Button, why I am not using it at the moment. Furthermore, we are not using CookieBot or the integration of it but a totally external tool because of those problems.

2. I googled a little bit and for me it looks like this is a pixel-type cookie which "Sends data to the marketing platform Hubspot about the visitor's device and behaviour. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels." In my understanding, the Cookie Banner should block this as well because its a marketing cookie. I found it in a cookie scan report: https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/4463562/Cookiebot%20CookieReport%20IntelligenceBank.htm

I hope this kin dof helps... 

Greetings

Manuel

sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @PaulJ 

Welcome to the Community!

I'll tag a few thought leaders to this conversation to learn from them about this specific case. 

Hey @Phil_Vallender @ManuelC @Bruno_Teixeira what would you recommend here?

Thanks & Happy Friday

Sharon 

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !