GDPR

jobfounda

Issue with HubSpot Forms not loaded in combination with Cookiebot and Tag Manager

Hi there, 

I have the following situation: 

• A WordPress website using Hubspot forms and a cookie consent from Cookiebot loaded via GTM. 
  • I've installed GTM via the Site Kit plugin (this method of installing doesn't provide me with adding custom code, but can be changed if needed)
  • I use Hubspot forms both in pop-ups as directly embedded in the HTML of the page. Both ways use the HTML embed version from Hubspot Forms.

The problem: 

• The form is loaded when embedded directly in the page. When behind a button/inside the pop-up the forms are not loaded. This issue started after the monthly scan from Cookiebot, before that it worked fine.
  • I've created an example page with both forms embedded for anyone who wants to help me solve this problem: https://founda.com/elementor-1840/
  • In the console the following error message is shown: Couldn't find target container #hbspt-form-XXX for HubSpot Form XXX. Not rendering form onto the page (removed the codes with XXX)
  • I've setup Cookiebot automatic blocking + did the installation through GTM.
  • I've tried switching the cookies from Hubspot to various categories (Necessary, Statistics, Marketing) but have the feeling this is not the issue since the embedded form on the page itself is being loaded
  • I've tried pausing the Hubspot script in GTM and add the following code from Cookiebot to the script / form from Hubspot (data-cookieconsent="ignore")
  • Would be greatly appreciated if someone can shine some light on what is happening here.
6 Replies 6
TTamme
Participant

Issue with HubSpot Forms not loaded in combination with Cookiebot and Tag Manager

@jobfounda did you manage to find a solution for this? I am facing the same issue. 

0 Upvotes
timothyrcross

Would very much like an update on this!

0 Upvotes
Thomas-HyHyve

We're facing the same issue on a WordPress Setup with Elementor. @marcbergeraf or @jobfounda did you find a way to get your pop-up forms working again?

0 Upvotes
marcbergeraf

We are having this exact same issue on an Elementor page, the forms stopped working a while ago in pop-ups, embedded directly in page works fine. However, we haven't installed Cookiebot or GTM recently, so we think it might have something to do with an Elementor update. Have you gotten it to work yet?

jobfounda

I haven't gotten it to work yet, but I did confirm that it is not caused by Cookiebot nor GTM. Indeed it seems to be an issue on Elementor side where they changed how the popup is loaded I guess, so the script is already loaded but there is no container to place the form in.

0 Upvotes
jobfounda

@MatthewShepherd since I noticed you had some very solid answers on similar issues I was hoping you could shine some light on this issue. 

0 Upvotes