GDPR

osc
Participant

Import write-protected properties

SOLVE

Dear all,

we´re just beginning to use HubSpot Marketing Pro Suite and want to import our Data from an old CRM. Our Contacts are mostly Newsletter Subscriber who gave us their double opt-in. To be compliant with the new EU-GDPR, we want to import this double opt-in, of course. Unfortunately I can not choose the needed Hubspot Properties like "Create Date" or "IP Adress" during the import and there is no property for "Opt-In" or "activated" which all are needed to have a GDPR compliant time stamp. Of course i could create own properties for this but imho the HubSpot System should provide this.

Is there any way to "un-write-protect" this properties?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @osc. The short answer is no, you won't be able to accomplish the specific thing you'd asked, and will take some sort of writing to custom properties instead. The developer forums have some related threads on trying to import analytic properties, which isn't possible; that should probably also apply to system property like Create Date, too. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @osc. The short answer is no, you won't be able to accomplish the specific thing you'd asked, and will take some sort of writing to custom properties instead. The developer forums have some related threads on trying to import analytic properties, which isn't possible; that should probably also apply to system property like Create Date, too. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.