GDPR

LK_DI
Participant

Hubspot cookie is set although I use Avada Privacy Banner

Hello,

I am using the privacy banner of Avada (Wordpress theme) to get a consent from my website visitors that we are allowed to use cookies. Here is a link to my site: https://www.digital-identity.cc/

Now we started as well to use HubSpot as our CRM and I integrated it to our website. The issue is now that hubspot still is setting a cookie even before the customer has given his consent on the privacy banner.

I found out that Hubspot has own privacy settings, so I tried them out, but in that case I had an additional banner appearing on my site and that was not practical.

Therefore I would like to know if I am somehow able to integrate the consent for the Hubspot cookie into the Avada privacy banner, like the consent for Facebook cookies is.

0 Votes
3 Réponses
MiaSrebrnjak
Gestionnaire de communauté

Hi @LK_DI,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. I want to include a couple of subject matter experts into the conversation for different perspectives. 

@Phil_Vallender , @ManuelC , @Dan1 could you share a few tips and best practices about managing cookie consent banners? 

Thank you,

Mia

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

DLC
Participant

I am also lookin for information on this subject. Any updates? We use WordPress (Avada theme) for our website and HubSpot for all of our forms and CTAs. I only want ONE Pop-up banner to control both. It seems I cannot integrate Google Analytics because we aren't using a HubSpot hosted website. What is the workaround here?

0 Votes
MiaSrebrnjak

Hi @DLC and @LK_DI,

I wanted to share this resource with you, where you can see all the cookies set by HubSpot if you decide to use our tracking software on your webpage.

Essential website cookies are strictly necessary for HubSpot tools like chat to function normally and cannot be refused. Website visitors can, however, still block or delete them by changing their browser settings.

Our product team has recently made changes to the cookie tracking settings which now offer the option to customize the default cookie policy and also create custom cookie policies. Within the advanced settings, it's possible to deactivate cookies on selected pages. You can read more about these settings in this Knowledge base article. 

While HubSpot offers specific cookie tracking and privacy policy settings, I would advise to work together with your legal team for compliance advice for your specific business circumstances.

If your webpage is using other CMS or tracking providers besides HubSpot, it's worth noting that HubSpot is unable to control the cookies placed by other scripts on your website. In cases like these, some users recommend using 3rd party apps like Cookiebot or OneTrust to manage your cookies policies in one place.

I hope this helps! 

Mia

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

0 Votes