GDPR

danielseidl
Mitglied

How to filter for contacts with certain email subscriptions?

lösung

I want to check which contacts have already subscribed to our email subscriptions we have set up (For GDPR conformity) . I cannot find a corresponding filter set in the CRM. Can you let me know how to set up a filter or list to get this report / Contact list?

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
jennysowyrda
Lösung
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

As outlined in the Create a list of contacts by subscription type section of this article, there's a dedicated Email subscription list filter category, which allows you to segment the list by all combinations of OPT_IN and OPT_OUT statuses. This screencast demonstrates some of the capabilities in my own account.

For more information see here.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

0 Upvotes
12 Antworten
PetrN
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

I do not understand why such a crucial functionality is still missing? 😲 We just migrated from Sugar CRM and this is the biggest downside... The workarounds are quite clunky... 

0 Upvotes
jmcallister
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

You have my upvote! It is increasingly frustration that Contact filters are different than List filters. We have so much data that it takes 10+ minutes to process a list, and we just don't have the capacity for so many lists either. At least the ability to filter on Email Subscription in the Contacts area would be incredibly helpful. 

jennysowyrda
Lösung
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

As outlined in the Create a list of contacts by subscription type section of this article, there's a dedicated Email subscription list filter category, which allows you to segment the list by all combinations of OPT_IN and OPT_OUT statuses. This screencast demonstrates some of the capabilities in my own account.

For more information see here.

0 Upvotes
gr8m8k8
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Create a list of contacts by subscription type is not in the article link provided?

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hello @gr8m8k8 

I was able to research more and looks like to create email subscription types it's required the following subscriptions:

Marketing Hub  Starter, Professional, Enterprise CMS Hub  Professional, Enterprise Legacy Marketing Hub Basic

More information here

You will have the option "email subscriptions" inside list as my screenshot below shows more information :

email subscriptionemail subscription

I hope this helps.

Kindly,

Pam 

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

gr8m8k8
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Thank you, Pam. That solved the issue. We don't have the right subscription to view this feature. 

Kate

JasiG_31
Mitglied

lösung

Hi, I also raised this request with Hubspot support. We receive a good amount of new contacts daily, and right now, I would always have to go to the contact directly to check if this contact actually subscribed - or is there any other way to view this? 

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Koryphäe | Diamond Partner
Koryphäe | Diamond Partner

lösung

Hi @danielseidl

I raised the same question with HubSpot support. It isn't possible currently. Subscription types appear to be associations (like deals and associated companys) and so aren't reported in explicit contact properties. 

I imagine this will change, however, as it is very useful to see a list of who is and isnt subscribed. 

Hope this helps. 

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
jdickinson
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

I'm struggling a lot with this concept. If our goal is to have a contact subscribe to specific type of emails, how do we then create a contact list for those specific contacts?  We should be using the subscription list as our email recipient list.

Am I thinking about this wrong?

rominabuchle
Teilnehmer/-in | Platinum Partner
Teilnehmer/-in | Platinum Partner

lösung

Hi there

I fist wanted to implement the new GDPR form field with checkbox options for communication. So on, when I tested in on a form I did add checkboxes for our subscription types.

I could see in the workflow, that the settings were registered correctly and individually after the form submission.

But since we use double opt-in, all subscription types are activated the moment, a contact clicks on the email confirmation link in the DOI mailing.

So on I cannot think of a possibility so set subscribers automatically for the subscription type email subscriber lists (smart list for sending for example Marketing-News emails) automatically. That was only possible manually.

These are our 3 main problems with communication subscriptions:

1. Since the subscription types change due to the DOI I cannot add them to a list/workflow based on only the subscription types subscribed to trough the form.

2. So if a contact is added to all subscription lists based on the activated subscription types after DOI, it's not transparent and in line with GDPR. -> Thats why I use now only the form field for legitimate interest and do add some information in my DOI mail, to tell the subscribers, that they opt-in to all kind of communication - but that they can adjust or delete the subscriptions afterwards.

3. Even when the DOI is not enabled, it's not possible to allocate/add contacts to a SMART list based on the subscription type set through a form, since the subscription property can not be used as a filter in lists or as a trigger in workflows.

For example:
When Client XY subscribes for the subscription type "blog updates" through a GDPR consent field on the form the subscrition type will be set in the contacts record. 
But since it's not possible to use the subscription types in lists and/or workflows - I cannot add them to the SMART list "subscribers blog" which I use for sending the blog updates.

From my point of view it would be necessary to implement new functionalitie/fix issues:

1. Subscription types should not be "overwritten" or set at all after confirming DOI when GDPR Form Fields are used. -> When GDPR consent form fields are in use DOI mail is not longer needed for confirming communication - but only verify the email and submission.

2. A functionality to set the subscription types directly in the DOI mail or TYP would be a way of solving the problem above partially as well and would be more user friendly.

3. Allow the new subscription type properties to be editable through workflows and added as filter in the forms.

What are you thought on this? Did you encounter other problems based on the new subscription types and GDPR settings as well? What would be the best way to solve this issues?

Looking forward to your insights!
Best, Romina

0 Upvotes
DigiAl
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

The list you create is who you want to send your email to. Ultimately it's their choice if they actually receive the email if they change their subscription preferences.

Your list might have 100 contacts in it, but only 70 might be subscribed so only the 70 will get it.

I agree it would be good to get a better understanding of how a list would perform by being able to use subscription type in a workflow in combination with your original list to create some kind of accurate idea of who will receive.

DigiAl
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

This is a particular annoyance. Being able to use workflows to interact with subscription types seems to be pretty essential. Hubspot have done this for the Lawful basis field so find it strange that they haven't done it with the subscription property.

Being able to understand who has subscribed to what really is key.

Come on Hubspot!