GDPR

Koskinen
Participante

How to disable email tracking (free)

resolver

Hi,

I found this guide about the email tracking but I cannot find the menus described in the article. https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email-user-guide-v2/how-to-set-up-your-email-tracking?KBOpenTab

How do I disable email tracking? I am using the free account.

All the best,
Matias

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
Phil_Vallender
Solução
Participante de valor | Parceiro Diamante

resolver

Hi @Koskinen

Thanks for clarifying. 

After you connect your inbox to HubSpot:

• If you send emails from your inbox, you have the option to enable or disable tracking with a checkbox
  • If you send emails from within the CRM app, I am pretty sure that these will be tracked automatically and I can not see a way to disable that.

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

Exibir solução no post original

9 Respostas 9
Phil_Vallender

resolver

Hi @Koskinen

The article you link to talks about performance tracking on the marketing email tool in the paid HubSpot Marketing product. 

The free product you have is probably tracking the emails you are sending from your personal mailbox (gmail or outlook etc), correct?

If so, you can stop this from happening by  unchecking the track email box on individual emails, or by removing the HubSpot plugin from your mailbox altogether.

Here's an article that talks about how to enable (and disable) email tracking on indiviudal emails - in this case in gmail/chrome but similar articles exist for Office365 etc: Track and log emails with the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension

Hope this helps.

0 Avaliação positiva
Koskinen
Participante

resolver

Hi @Phil_Vallender.

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately we have a misunderstanding here. Sorry for being unclear. What I am talking about is the web based Hubspot CRM app. The one that looks like the image below.

(Note: The image now appears as if I have not connected my email account. And that is true. I disconnected it as I was not able to disable email tracking. So do not worry about that.)

I remember that a while back this tool also used to have a checkbox to disable tracking but now there was none. How to disable tracking in the free Hubspot CRM email tool?

All the best,

Matias

Email toolEmail tool

0 Avaliação positiva
David17
Membro

resolver

Do not disable. I want tracking please  

0 Avaliação positiva
David17
Membro

resolver

Please do not misunderstand me . I want as much comprehensive email tracking info as I can get preferably from my gmail acct.    

Think I get the rest. When my website is running properly, I want all contact data... name, phone and email info from all traffic that registers interactively withour site.

Thanks  

0 Avaliação positiva
Phil_Vallender
Solução

resolver

Hi @Koskinen

Thanks for clarifying. 

After you connect your inbox to HubSpot:

• If you send emails from your inbox, you have the option to enable or disable tracking with a checkbox
  • If you send emails from within the CRM app, I am pretty sure that these will be tracked automatically and I can not see a way to disable that.

Hope this helps.

jecampbell
Membro

resolver

Can you show me how to disable tracking on a particular email via my inbox/outlook?

0 Avaliação positiva
sharonlicari
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hey @jecampbell 

Welcome to the Community. 

You can find in this article from our knowledge base how to do it.

I hope this helps

Thanks

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

StanvW
Membro

resolver

How do I keep the ability to track, but have the tracking button NOT ticked by default 

Koskinen
Participante

resolver

Hi @Phil_Vallender,

thank you for your time!

This is what I feared. There used to be a feature to disable tracking a while back (I may be wrong about this) but now it is removed then. I think I won’t be able use that feature now as I am not that confident about tracking under GDPR regulation.

Nevertheless, thanks for your reply Phil! Issue resolved. 🙂

All the best,

Matias

0 Avaliação positiva