How to combine multiple subscription types when opting in

New Contributor

Hi,

we are trying to swith to the standard features of Hubspot for our double-opt-in process (we are currently solving it through custom fields, which has certain disadvantages).

The challenge is to set up a subscriptions as "contact me with marketing emails" for the double OPT-IN process but have the possibility to OPT-OUT of a subset of subscriptions e.g. publishing emails vs. event emails.

Has anyone achieved this yet? Is this possible with the standard hubspot subscription feature?

Thank you,

Lisa

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Community Manager

Hi @lisabt,

As outlined in this resource

If you have enabled General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) functionality in your account, clicking through the double opt-in confirmation email won't automatically set a contact as opted-in to your subscription type. A contact can only opt in to a subscription type through one of your forms by selecting the checkbox in your notice and consent field.

If you have double opt in enabled, a contact will not be opted into any subscription, and therefore they are not eligible to receive the emails until they do opt in. 

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
New Contributor

Hi Jenny,

thank you for your answer - I understand the process I believe, but my question is: can I choose one "consent" box for the general purpose to send emails but lateron, when the contact wants to unsubscribe from emails enable him to select what he wants to unsubscribe from? e.g. "keep emails concerning news, but don't want emails with specials offers" - sort of like a preference center?

Thank you

Lisa

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @lisabt,

If you are using the notice and consent fields within forms, then the only way to have contacts opt into different subscriptions is on a subscription by subscription basis. In other words, each subscription will be listed separately. 

In addtion to having contacts set subscription through forms, there are a variety of ways to update subscription preferences in bulk. 

With this said, while these are the options that are available within HubSpot, deciding on what course of action and how your contacts are handled will be best determined by your team and your legal team to ensure you are gdpr compliant. 

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution