GDPR

wlee168
Participante

How is a contact affected if they are not opted into the portal?

We have a custom form where users can update some of their email preferences. Any subscriptions left unticked (hidden or visible), the user will be fully opted out of automatically. 

Currently, when users submit this form, their subscription history shows that they are now 'not opted in' to 'portal wide' because they didn't tick this subscription type on the form (it's not visible). From what I can see, this doesn't stop them from getting emails that they subscribed to (e.g. if they use this form to tick Subscription A, they will still receive emails using the Subscription A type). So what does this portal setting mean exactly and does it need changing since it doesn't seem to affect their ability to receive the right emails? 

0 Me gusta
1 Respuesta 1
TiphaineCuisset
Administrador de la comunidad
Administrador de la comunidad

How is a contact affected if they are not opted into the portal?

Hi @wlee168 

Thank you for reaching out. 

I'm not sure I undersand fully what is happening - do you mean some contacts still receive emails when they should be opted out? 

I want to share with you this knowledge base article that explain the different opt statuses; whether or not you have GDPR enabled, and what is the impact of this. 

If you still think something is wrong with your portal regarding this, I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter, where you are able to share screenshots and further information about this.

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Me gusta