GDPR

Mela
Participant

Geo-targeting Privacy Disclosure for GDPR compliance

SOLVE

With GDPR looming, we have to have a privacy disclosure banner which  you provide in your system currently. However, we don't want it to show anywhere other than Europe. Since you have IP tracking, can you please enable geotargeting  so we can select if it shows up based on location?

Thanks, 

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Mela,

It's been a few years but I wanted to share an update: This was part of the May 2021 product updates and is now supported: https://www.hubspot.com/product-updates/may-2021-hubspot-updates-in-less-time-than-a-coffee-break

Geotargeting for the Cookie Banner

You can now define what countries you want your cookie policy banner to appear on. Click on “Settings,” then “Privacy and Consent” to manage and add policies. Address and adjust for differing cookie tracking laws by customizing policies per country (DACH region).

karstenkoehler_1-1623125909216.png

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Mela,

It's been a few years but I wanted to share an update: This was part of the May 2021 product updates and is now supported: https://www.hubspot.com/product-updates/may-2021-hubspot-updates-in-less-time-than-a-coffee-break

Geotargeting for the Cookie Banner

You can now define what countries you want your cookie policy banner to appear on. Click on “Settings,” then “Privacy and Consent” to manage and add policies. Address and adjust for differing cookie tracking laws by customizing policies per country (DACH region).

karstenkoehler_1-1623125909216.png

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

joelfed
Participant

SOLVE

Good to know. My company only operates in the U.S. Are we able to set geotargeting for only states in the U.S. that have data privacy rules - I.E. California with the CCPA?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Mela  Geo-targeting for the cookie policy banner is not available at this time. This is most likely due to the fact that an IP location is not always an accurate barometer of where the visitor is located (for example, AWS IPs are show Ashburn Va as location, regardless of where the customer is located).  

For now, your options are to activate the banner if you are reaching out to EU based prospects.

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes