GDPR

Grovewilks
Mitglied

GDPR

lösung

Could somebody advise on the Hubspot policy in relation GDPR that will be hitting us in May 2018.

How will Hubspot manage opt-in and refresh of opt-in?

How will Hubspot manage the relevant questions to allow someobody to opt-in or download web  content

How will the data that Hubspot store be managed in relation GDPR

There are many questions on this topic, where do Hubspot stand in general in realtion to this

3 Akzeptierte Lösungen
nknoop
Lösung
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

GDPR

lösung

Hi everyone,

I work on the legal team at HubSpot and help run our GDPR compliance project. I’ll try to address some of the concerns raised above, and give everyone some insight into the status of the internal project and what our plans are for 2018.

We are fully committed to enhancing the HubSpot platform to enable customer/partner compliance with the GDPR. We appreciate that there may be current gaps in how our product interacts with some of the key GDPR requirements; we are actively working with our Product teams to address those areas, as well as introduce new product functionality that will help you comply.

For example, we are working on improving the way the CRM and Email product handles and tracks consent. As a previous post on this thread has recognized, this is a huge part of the regulation and is of particular significance to marketing and sales teams. Especially considering the recent Article 29 Working Party guidance on this point, we know we need to do a better job off helping customers manage and track consent.

The other areas we are working on improving include the Subscription Preference Pages, notice and consent in forms/CTAs, cookie management and preferences, double opt-in improvements, and tools to help our customers comply with data subject access/modification/deletion requests. We'll be announcing these changes on a rolling basis leading up to the GDPR's enforcement date of May 25, 2018.

The regulatory guidance helps shape the solutions we are crafting, and that’s part of the reason we are not immediately releasing product changes. Rather than releasing new functionality now that will later have to be modified based on new interpretations of the GDPR, we want to be sure our product aligns with the groups like the Working Party before changes are finalized.

Apart from improvements to the product itself, we are working around the clock on how the GDPR effects other parts of HubSpot. For example, we’re digging into how integrations/Connect partners fit in a GDPR world. Further, we have involved key members of every department within HubSpot to help on this project (mainly IT, Security, Product/Engineering) to drive towards compliance by this coming May. 

We’ll be communicating out project updates to our customers and partners starting in late January 2018.

I'm happy to chat with anyone, so if you have specific questions or concerns, feel free to reach out via direct message and include your email address. 

Nick

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

nknoop
Lösung
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

GDPR

lösung

Hi everyone - we posted a project update to the GDPR page (see here). I've also copied the list of product functionality / other items we are working on below.

• New tools in form builder to help ensure proper notice and consent
  • Ensuring that end users are able to manage their communication preferences in a way that puts control in the data subject's hands
  • Improvements to double opt-in functionality
  • Ability to easily understand what consent customers have given, when, and the history of changes to that in the relevant parts of the product
  • Ensuring an easy means of exporting the personal data of a data subject
  • Bolstered deletion functionality to comply with right to erasure
  • Enhanced cookie management and preferences with localized privacy notices
  • In-portal guidance and suggestions on how to address key data privacy rules
  • Work with our certified integration partners on solving for the GDPR

Phil_Vallender
Lösung
Koryphäe | Diamond Partner
Koryphäe | Diamond Partner

GDPR

lösung

Thanks @nknoop!

This announcement is much appreicated and, I feel, deserves its own thread, which I have started here: HubSpot's GDPR product roadmap has been released

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

0 Upvotes
50 Antworten
c2b2
Teilnehmer/-in

GDPR

lösung

OK, fine - but what does this actually mean for us? What can I do with this information? What compliance processes and measures can I now put into action on the back of this? I don't understand what HubSpot thinks I'm gaining from this update or what relevance it is to a customer trying to make progress on GDPR implementation or report into directors and business owners on what GDPR compliance is going to look like for their businesses.

On the back of this update, my GDPR Implementation report looks like: Yeah - no worries, HubSpot have been doing some stuff. 

Hopefully, we won't get a 'lessons will be learned' update in June/July. 

sachahydra
Teilnehmer/-in

GDPR

lösung

Hi there,  Hubspot is a marketing tool which gives you the functionality with which you can implement the processes of data collection, managing, processing and deletion of your data.  if you need assistance with GDPR process and the legalities surrounding it then my suggestion is to engage a firm of lawyers to help you draft your privacy policy, privacy centre, cookie policy, legitimate interest policy and any other legal documents needed.  

0 Upvotes
SineadIreland
Teilnehmer/-in

GDPR

lösung

Thanks Nick

0 Upvotes
nknoop
Lösung
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

GDPR

lösung

Hi everyone,

I work on the legal team at HubSpot and help run our GDPR compliance project. I’ll try to address some of the concerns raised above, and give everyone some insight into the status of the internal project and what our plans are for 2018.

We are fully committed to enhancing the HubSpot platform to enable customer/partner compliance with the GDPR. We appreciate that there may be current gaps in how our product interacts with some of the key GDPR requirements; we are actively working with our Product teams to address those areas, as well as introduce new product functionality that will help you comply.

For example, we are working on improving the way the CRM and Email product handles and tracks consent. As a previous post on this thread has recognized, this is a huge part of the regulation and is of particular significance to marketing and sales teams. Especially considering the recent Article 29 Working Party guidance on this point, we know we need to do a better job off helping customers manage and track consent.

The other areas we are working on improving include the Subscription Preference Pages, notice and consent in forms/CTAs, cookie management and preferences, double opt-in improvements, and tools to help our customers comply with data subject access/modification/deletion requests. We'll be announcing these changes on a rolling basis leading up to the GDPR's enforcement date of May 25, 2018.

The regulatory guidance helps shape the solutions we are crafting, and that’s part of the reason we are not immediately releasing product changes. Rather than releasing new functionality now that will later have to be modified based on new interpretations of the GDPR, we want to be sure our product aligns with the groups like the Working Party before changes are finalized.

Apart from improvements to the product itself, we are working around the clock on how the GDPR effects other parts of HubSpot. For example, we’re digging into how integrations/Connect partners fit in a GDPR world. Further, we have involved key members of every department within HubSpot to help on this project (mainly IT, Security, Product/Engineering) to drive towards compliance by this coming May. 

We’ll be communicating out project updates to our customers and partners starting in late January 2018.

I'm happy to chat with anyone, so if you have specific questions or concerns, feel free to reach out via direct message and include your email address. 

Nick

sachahydra
Teilnehmer/-in

GDPR

lösung

Dear Nick

Please could you provide an update when we can expect functionality releases for:

Consent:

Alongside that change, the HubSpot subscription preferences page will be updated to support the needs of the GDPR. Currently the subscription preferences page allows Ana to opt out of different types of communications. This page will be updated to support opt-in preferences.

In Progress - Available early May

Delete :

You will be able to perform a GDPR-compliant permanent delete in your HubSpot portal.
(revised) In Progress - Available early May

0 Upvotes
SineadIreland
Teilnehmer/-in

GDPR

lösung

Yes please. We would really appreciate an update and the functionality to be available asap. Until we see what Hubspot functionality brings, we are sitting in limbo. It's very late now and time is ticking....

0 Upvotes
sachahydra
Teilnehmer/-in

GDPR

lösung

Hi there, please could you let me know where in the forms section is the Notice & Consent form copy?. Thanks

Sacha

0 Upvotes
Juanjo
Teilnehmer/-in

GDPR

lösung

Nick, 

Is there any action plan on this?

A bit more of transparency will be appreciated. May is just around the corner.

If there is any dramatic change management program that we have to undertake, as a result of using HS in order to comply with GDPR, it will be very beneficial to know today better than tomorrow what the plan looks like. Time is of the essence.

Perhaps this is not the best forum to address this queries? Is there any other official channel that we should be using?

Thanks,

c2b2
Teilnehmer/-in

GDPR

lösung

They promised their first GDPR action update late Jan 2018.

Guess what?

Nothing.

Attract > Convert> Close> Disappoint> 

SineadIreland
Teilnehmer/-in

GDPR

lösung

Hi Nick,

Is there any update on this?? The end of January has passed and unless I am mistaken, we have had no further details on what functionality is coming from a GDPR perspective. It makes it very difficult for us to proceed with our own compliance plans without knowing what Hubspot are doing/planning to do.

I would appreciate an update as soon as possible please!!!

Thanks

c2b2
Teilnehmer/-in

GDPR

lösung

"We’ll be communicating out project updates to our customers and partners starting in late January 2018."

I must have missed that first update.

jm
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

GDPR

lösung

Appreciate this Nick, @nknoop .  That gives me a lot more comfort and something I can communicate to my team. Looking forward to regular updates to help with some forward planning especially if there is work to be done as a result of consent/subscription mechanism changes.

jm
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

GDPR

lösung

There is also a thread here concerning Canada's anti-spam laws though I posted my GDPR concerns regarding subscriptions and consent as they are pretty much the same.

In short, HubSpot’s consent management is definitely way below par and probably broken in light of GDPR (if you have more than one option for your visitors to sign up for).

I understand the legal team don't want to say anything but it's reflecting poorly on Hubspot now.  They've had 2 years to get this in order.  Considering the cost of Hubspot, this lack of clarity is simply not acceptable.

ojobson
Stratege/Strategin

GDPR

lösung

Yeah, this is a massive concern for us. My organisation is fairly risk averse and I may end up having to throw the system out, as being not fit for purpose, if it can't be said to be GDPR compliant.

edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

GDPR

lösung

HI @ojobson and @jm. Our Product and Security teams are working on the GDPR plan. We'll have updates in the coming months. Please refer to our GDPR website for the most current information. You can also reach out to your account managers, who can pass further queries on to the GDPR team. 

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
shearn
Autorität

GDPR

lösung

I've brought up the concerns regarding the auto opt-in's before and I've received the same response. As someone who is leading the charge for GDPR for our marketing team, I need to make sure we have things as tight as possible and I have no control over this process.

I've just received our first 'request for data' and the need to export contacts full profile has never been more crucial. I literally have to copy and paste each line of data from a contact profile into an excel sheet so I have full documentation...If someone has any suggestions on how to document/export a full profile it would be greatly appreciated. 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.
jhollidge
Teilnehmer/-in

GDPR

lösung

Not that I have done this in the past, but off the top of my head:

• Create a new list and put the single contact into the list
  • Then go into the list (of one contact) and export the list
  • When given the option of what fields to export, select all of them.

Not ideal by a long shot.... but better than copying and pasting a few hundred times!

shearn
Autorität

GDPR

lösung

Thanks @jhollidge,

I've done it the way you've mentioned as well, but I would still feel safer if we could get an entire log of a contact. For example, timestamps on their various actions overtime, or in my recent case a list of all of the communications we've sent the contact over time. 

I'm probably going a bit overboard with what we would need to present, but I just want to cover all my bases.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.
0 Upvotes
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

GDPR

lösung

Hi @Grovewilks  Find out more about HubSpot GDPR compliance here.

Ed 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
SineadIreland
Teilnehmer/-in

GDPR

lösung

Good to hear that it is being worked on - my concern is the amount of ground work and preparation we will need to do before the deadline next year. We need to have our own plans in place before May - but it's hard to do this without knowing exactly what Hubspot will be doing as regards compliance and when it will be available to us...???

jhollidge
Teilnehmer/-in

GDPR

lösung

GDPR is a really big deal for us so I hope some further thinking on this comes out soon! I know May 2018 might seem like a way off, but it will come round pretty quick and we need to have quite a few issues resolved before then.

0 Upvotes