GDPR

JoeDavies
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

GDPR: need to opt contacts out using a workflow

SOLVE

Hi there!

Have HubSpot taken any action to enable this?

With consent tickboxes becoming a necessity it would be a far more robust solution to enroll anyone who selects 'no' into a workflow that opts them out, than it would to have a smart list that everyone needs to remember to use as a suppression for every email workflow - especially with failure of compliance potentially carrying such high costs!

Would be great to get your thoughts!

Thanks,

Joe

1 Accepted solution
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

FYI @JoeDavies and @coreysmith 

HubSpot has released its GDPR product roadmap. Find out more here:
https://www.hubspot.com/data-privacy/gdpr/product-readiness

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
coreysmith
Top Contributor | Gold Partner
Top Contributor | Gold Partner

SOLVE

It wouldn't be hard to have an opt out button on your forms and contact properties then create a list with those that opted out already removed. You could then have your email creators use a list that already had the supression list built in rather than using a list + a supression list. Then they just have to know to use the list that has the supression baked in.

--
Corey Smith
Directory of Digital Marketing
corey@intuitivewebsites.com
JoeDavies

SOLVE

Hi there, in principle it is easy to have an overall master suppression list, but that still tends to the issue I raised in my question. That approach is wide open to human error, especially when you take into account situations where you have agency & internal people building and sending emails, even more so when this also occurs across borders - it would only take one mistake on one email as a result of messages missed or forgotten, new staff not getting the memo etc - leading to the suppression list not being used and risking the consequences.

A far better solution would be to enable opt-out via workflow, meaning it would always run in the background and take the potential for human error out of the equation. (this can be done in Pardot via automation rules - giving you the ability to set contacts as opt-out by their appearance on a dynamic list)

Thanks,

Joe

0 Upvotes
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

FYI @JoeDavies and @coreysmith 

HubSpot has released its GDPR product roadmap. Find out more here:
https://www.hubspot.com/data-privacy/gdpr/product-readiness

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution