GDPR

chrisl

GDPR consent email

SOLVE

Hi, hoping someone can give a bit of a steer on the best way forward for requesting consent to send marketing emails.

Objective:

• We have about 1,000 contact names and email addresses we’d like to send electronic direct mail to, but have never asked for their consent, so haven't ever done so.  Some contacts are in Hubspot (neither opted in or out), some are in a spreadsheet
  • We’d like to email them all requesting their consent, and I’m looking for the most pain-free way to achieve this   
  • I’m hoping we can create such an email in Hubspot, send it to all contacts from Hubspot and from our spreadsheet, and that Hubspot will be able to track responses and update consent accordingly
  • At this time, we’re just looking at a blanket opt in/out from comms, not multiple types of comms

I suspect we’ll need to subscribe to the marketing module (but not sure what level) to achieve this, but want to be certain it is possible, and is a sensible approach to get going?

I would assume once complete, we’ll be able to build a list in Hubspot to surface those who’ve opted in, and will be able to happily send them marketing emails going forward.

I feel like I’d benefit from talking this through with someone, and understand this may require an upgrade, but figured this was the best place to start.

Thank you in advance for feedback.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

GDPR consent email

SOLVE

Hi @chrisl,

For an overview of which subscriptions include the tools you would need, I would recommend checking out these resources: 

1. Marketing pricing page

2. Creating emails

3. Subscriptions

If you would like to discuss which subscription is the right choice for you, I would recommend connecting with our team to discuss this further. 

In regards to GDPR compliance and how to contact your contacts in the best way, your legal team will be the best resource for ensuring you are GDPR compliant. 

Thank you, 

Jenny

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

GDPR consent email

SOLVE

Hi @chrisl,

For an overview of which subscriptions include the tools you would need, I would recommend checking out these resources: 

1. Marketing pricing page

2. Creating emails

3. Subscriptions

If you would like to discuss which subscription is the right choice for you, I would recommend connecting with our team to discuss this further. 

In regards to GDPR compliance and how to contact your contacts in the best way, your legal team will be the best resource for ensuring you are GDPR compliant. 

Thank you, 

Jenny

0 Upvotes