GDPR

EMSAdmin
Participante

GDPR and SaleForce - Deleting Contact/Lead

resolver

Presently we have our SaleForce Integration set up that if a contact or lead is deleted in SalesForce it will automatically delete the record in HubSpot. What kind of delete will this perform in HubSpot - being that now we will have two types of Delete (one for GDPR and one that is a "soft delete"?

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
bradmin
Solución
Asesor destacado

resolver

Hi, @EMSAdmin. I wasn't aware GDPR had its own delete requirements, either, but my guess as to whether the connector will delete in that specific way is "probably not".  The connector simply deletes records out of the portal, and I've yet to see any documentation or news indicating otherwise.

Until HubSpot is able to confirm the behavior (or, confirm that there will be no automatic GDPR-compliant deletes), you could try the following if you're a paying customer: 

1) Contact HubSpot Support and have them expose the salesforcedeleted property in your portal. This currently exists behind the scenes for integrated customers, but is not visible in-app as a default. 

2) Disable the connector's auto-delete functionality once HubSpot has completed the first step. 

3) Build a smart list in your portal of contacts where salesforcedeleted = true, and periodically delete those in-app per GDPR guidelines. 

This is a more manual process, but until the connector offers an option for compliant deletes, it'll be a more practical way of identifying records you've deleted in Salesforce, requiring compliant deletes in HubSpot. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

2 Respuestas 2
bradmin
Solución
Asesor destacado

resolver

Hi, @EMSAdmin. I wasn't aware GDPR had its own delete requirements, either, but my guess as to whether the connector will delete in that specific way is "probably not".  The connector simply deletes records out of the portal, and I've yet to see any documentation or news indicating otherwise.

Until HubSpot is able to confirm the behavior (or, confirm that there will be no automatic GDPR-compliant deletes), you could try the following if you're a paying customer: 

1) Contact HubSpot Support and have them expose the salesforcedeleted property in your portal. This currently exists behind the scenes for integrated customers, but is not visible in-app as a default. 

2) Disable the connector's auto-delete functionality once HubSpot has completed the first step. 

3) Build a smart list in your portal of contacts where salesforcedeleted = true, and periodically delete those in-app per GDPR guidelines. 

This is a more manual process, but until the connector offers an option for compliant deletes, it'll be a more practical way of identifying records you've deleted in Salesforce, requiring compliant deletes in HubSpot. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
MFrankJohnson
Líder intelectual

resolver

2000px-Ok_sign_font_awesomeDoes my post help answer your question?

Help the Community by marking it as SOLVED

Q: What [type] of delete will [Salesforce] perform in HubSpot?

Short A:

Wasn't aware that we had any delete 'types' other than ,,,

-1- the standard delete (which is NOT GDPR-compliant)

-2- the new GDPR-compliant delete (fully removes info)

Longer A:

Monitoring this thread for further input from the community.

cc: @roisinkirby@Phil_Vallender

share-on-Linkedin-Button-75x19.png 

hubspot-forum-signature-badge-v01.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Please include @MFJLabs in your message if you'd like me to reply.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Me gusta