GDPR

Miller813
Participant

GDPR Question - Creating a Form with Multiple Check Boxes

SOLVE

Hello,

Is it possible to individually track a check box on a form. Meaning creating a Form with multiple check boxes is it possible to create an action based on what they check. Here is what I am trying to do. I would like to serve a form allowing for contacts to choose what emails they'd like to receive from us, inline with GDPR requirements. So the form would look like this...

Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 4.34.23 PM.png

Can I populate a Smart List off a form like this based on what you clicked? 

Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks,

Steve

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
shearn
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

You can easily create a Smart List based on the options your contacts choose when filling out a form with multiple checkboxes. 

Because Subscriptions will have to be a custom created field you can filter by that field in your Smart List. So, if you want to create a list of everyone that checked '**bleep** Offers' you can just include in your Smart List: Contact Property -> Subscriptions is equal to all of **bleep** Offers

Note that these fields are not directly connected to the Email Types that you have created in Content -> Settings -> Email -> Types that show up on your email communications preference page that contacts visit when they click Unsubscribe in an email. So, if someone decides to Unsubscribe from **bleep** Offers, for example, you will need to create a **bleep** Offers email type.

Unfortunately, there is no easy way via Workflows to remove an option from multiple checkboxes. So, if they checked the box for **bleep** Offers on your form, but have opted out of the **bleep** Offers email type on the communications preference page, it will still show that it's checked on your form but you won't be able to send them any **bleep** Offers emails - because they are not related. 

Hopefully, that makes sense.

Helpful articles on how to remove multiple checkbox options can be found here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Account-Settings/How-to-remove-or-add-a-checkbox-property-from-mult...

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/contacts/how-do-i-add-values-to-a-checkbox-field-...

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
adriandahlin
Participant

SOLVE

I have the same question, except I'm not sure this answer applies because I used the GDPR consent checkboxes to ask my questions, not a regular custom property. I'm trying to figure out how people who check an optional GDPR box get logged in HubSpot...

shearn
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

You can easily create a Smart List based on the options your contacts choose when filling out a form with multiple checkboxes. 

Because Subscriptions will have to be a custom created field you can filter by that field in your Smart List. So, if you want to create a list of everyone that checked '**bleep** Offers' you can just include in your Smart List: Contact Property -> Subscriptions is equal to all of **bleep** Offers

Note that these fields are not directly connected to the Email Types that you have created in Content -> Settings -> Email -> Types that show up on your email communications preference page that contacts visit when they click Unsubscribe in an email. So, if someone decides to Unsubscribe from **bleep** Offers, for example, you will need to create a **bleep** Offers email type.

Unfortunately, there is no easy way via Workflows to remove an option from multiple checkboxes. So, if they checked the box for **bleep** Offers on your form, but have opted out of the **bleep** Offers email type on the communications preference page, it will still show that it's checked on your form but you won't be able to send them any **bleep** Offers emails - because they are not related. 

Hopefully, that makes sense.

Helpful articles on how to remove multiple checkbox options can be found here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Account-Settings/How-to-remove-or-add-a-checkbox-property-from-mult...

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/contacts/how-do-i-add-values-to-a-checkbox-field-...

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.
0 Upvotes
Miller813
Participant

SOLVE

That makes perfect sense. Thanks so much for taking the time. I really appreciate it. 

0 Upvotes