GDPR

ZChurney3
Contributor

GDPR (DSGVO) and Lead Scoring - Are there restrictions?

SOLVE

Hello fellow HubSpotters. I have a quick question for anyone who uses HubSpot within the limitations of GDPR. We use Lead Scoring automation and received an inquiry about if this complies with Datenschutz / Data Privacy regulations. 

We collect data via legal methods and channels (Accepted cookies, DOI for Emails, Confirmation on Forms, etc.) but we do not specify that we use datapoints specifically for the purpose of Lead Scoring / Management. Is this okay? I have looked around to see if HubSpot has any information about what data can be used for under GDPR (DSGVO) but have not found anything recent that answers this well. 

Let me know if you all have any recommendations or insights! Thank you so much!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
ManuelC
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @ZChurney3,

we are also using HubSpot under GDPR regulations. But we are using another tool additionally to make cookie tracking GDPR confirmative. We have a Cookie Consent Management System (User Centrics) in use, which has more options in consent tracking then the HubSpot feature (Besides the fact that the cookie banner from HubSpot is not really good). But what we did is simply stating in the consent managemnt system (or in the pop up which gets shown), what we use the data for. Here we have the possibility to differ between categories and give some more information what you are doing with the cookies. 
In my understanding, when you write it down somewhere, it shouldn't be a problem. Because the contacts have the chance of declining based on those information. 

Greetings

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
ZChurney3
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you so much for the responses and information! I appreciate your taking time out of your day to respond. I will definitley utilize the information from these responses. 

ManuelC
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @ZChurney3,

we are also using HubSpot under GDPR regulations. But we are using another tool additionally to make cookie tracking GDPR confirmative. We have a Cookie Consent Management System (User Centrics) in use, which has more options in consent tracking then the HubSpot feature (Besides the fact that the cookie banner from HubSpot is not really good). But what we did is simply stating in the consent managemnt system (or in the pop up which gets shown), what we use the data for. Here we have the possibility to differ between categories and give some more information what you are doing with the cookies. 
In my understanding, when you write it down somewhere, it shouldn't be a problem. Because the contacts have the chance of declining based on those information. 

Greetings

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @ZChurney3 thank you for posting in our Community! 

I would like to share this GDPR compliance page with more information about it.

Please notice that  This legal information is not the same as legal advice, where an attorney applies the law to your specific circumstances, so we insist that you consult an attorney if you’d like advice on your interpretation of this information or its accuracy. You may not rely on this paper as legal advice, nor as a recommendation of any particular legal understanding.

I would like to invite our top experts to this conversation @ManuelC@Dennis-DWFB any recommendations for the @ZChurney3 matter?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !