GDPR

PWatthey
Membro

GDPR - B2B versus B2C

resolver

Looking at the GDPR HubSpot rules there doesn't seem to be a distinction between B2B and B2C as to what you can and cannot do. In the UK the rules for sending emails to B2B are not as stringent as B2C in that there is a 'corporate subscriber' option which allows to email without specific consent as long as there is a legitimate reason to make the contact and you follow all the best practice rules of using a business email, relevant person, relevant offer, opt out options etc.  Has anyone discussed this with HubSpot to see if they will adopt the same approach?

1 Solução aceita
karstenkoehler
Solução
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro

GDPR - B2B versus B2C

resolver

Hi @PWatthey,

HubSpot's GDPR options do accomodate for that. For the legal basis of processing and the legal basis for communication, you will find dropdown fields for "Legitimate interest" which you can use there. This option is for legitimate interest is also available in HubSpot forms.

For a 'corporate subscriber', you could create a specific subscription type – or update the opt-in explanation of other subscription types to 'Corporate subscriber'. There are multiple ways you can adapt the tool to your needs here.

In HubSpot you will find most of the tools that are needed for GDPR compliance, however, not all of them might be relevant for the UK, in which case you could simply ignore these features.

(My post does not constitute legal advice.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Exibir solução no post original

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Resposta 1
karstenkoehler
Solução

GDPR - B2B versus B2C

resolver

Hi @PWatthey,

HubSpot's GDPR options do accomodate for that. For the legal basis of processing and the legal basis for communication, you will find dropdown fields for "Legitimate interest" which you can use there. This option is for legitimate interest is also available in HubSpot forms.

For a 'corporate subscriber', you could create a specific subscription type – or update the opt-in explanation of other subscription types to 'Corporate subscriber'. There are multiple ways you can adapt the tool to your needs here.

In HubSpot you will find most of the tools that are needed for GDPR compliance, however, not all of them might be relevant for the UK, in which case you could simply ignore these features.

(My post does not constitute legal advice.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Avaliação positiva