GDPR

FloStu
Contributor | Gold Partner

Facebook Pixel Cookie revoke

Hi, everybody,

i have integrated the Facebook pixel on our website via the ads tool. So the cookie is only activated after the visitor has agreed via the HubSpot Cookie Banner. But if the visitor deletes the cookies via _hsp.push(['revokeCookieConsent']); the value in all cookies, except those from Cloudflare, is deleted after reloading the page. Only the value of the Facebook pixel remains, is this behaviour correct and shouldn't this value also be deleted?

Thanks

Flo

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @FloStu,

Thanks for bringing this up.

I'm happy to check this with our internal teams.

It would be really helpful if could provide examples (links and screenshots) where we can directly see the behaviour.

Feel free to also reach out to the support team if you don't want to share the information here.

Take care!

Jess

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @FloStu,

I was able to confirm the expected behaviour with the team. 

According to our documentation on the remove cookies endpoint, all of the cookies listed in this KB article will be removed.  Since Facebook is not among the cookies listed in the article, it's expected behaviour that it's unaffected by the endpoint.

I hope this helps.

Take care!

Jess

Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

0 Upvotes
FloStu

Hi @JessicaH,

do I understand this correctly, you can activate the fb pixel via the tracking code at the cookie banner but not remove it? Do you have a script  to remove the fb pixel which I can attach to the hs remove script?

Thanks

Florian

0 Upvotes
JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @FloStu,

There isn't any endpoint that we offer that will remove Facebook cookies from a visitor's browser.  So you may need to consult Facebook's documentation on this.

To clarify, a 'pixel' (Facebook's terminology for their own tracking code) is not the same as a pixel.  HubSpot can load Facebook's tracking code via the ads tool, and this tracking code will place a cookie on the user's browser.  While we do offer endpoints to revoke cookies set by our own tracking code, we don't offer endpoints to revoke cookies set by other companies' tracking codes.

I hope this helps.

Have a great weekend!

Jess

0 Upvotes